Something small I noticed tonight... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Something small I noticed tonight...

C

Cobi Budge.

When the players came back out to warm up after the floodlight failure, the Exeter players just walked out with a couple balls & just stood around waiting. Paul Wotton brought our players out and went through a some training exercises to get the players warmed up again (& Bittner came out to warm Luke up). We then looked a lot sharper than they did immediately after the re-start.

Get the feeling this wouldn't have happened during recent seasons. Everything just feels a lot more professional under the current set up.

Jul 29, 2010
Yep, like Brewster's input in the 2nd goal I mentioned earlier there's very definitely the feeling of a management/coaching TEAM at Argyle now.

....only thing i'd observe, playing devils advocate, is that despite all that sprinting on the spot, turning and jumping when the game then kicked off we looked like we had lead in our boots for the first few passages of play...until CT suddenly opened a can of Usain Bolt.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Talk about misleading thread titles, I thought you had been looking in the bathroom mirror at first Cobi. It has to be an advantage having a manager with no ties elsewhere who lives in the city and can put all his energy into the job. I am sure the attention to details must be better now as a result of the extra time Adams can devote to the job. I am really looking forward to my first viewing of this new team on the box on Sunday and even more so to my first live viewing in 2 months time.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
jerryatricjanner":b3djqihq said:
Talk about misleading thread titles, I thought you had been looking in the bathroom mirror at first Cobi. It has to be an advantage having a manager with no ties elsewhere who lives in the city and can put all his energy into the job. I am sure the attention to details must be better now as a result of the extra time Adams can devote to the job. I am really looking forward to my first viewing of this new team on the box on Sunday and even more so to my first live viewing in 2 months time.
Oh I'm sure you will JJ :thumbs:

Jul 29, 2010
....might be worth turning the colour down to black & white though JJ, them shirts are proper stinkers :oops:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
X Isle":2zw0h405 said:
....might be worth turning the colour down to black & white though JJ, them shirts are proper stinkers :oops:
We only had the two colours when JJ and I started going - black and white!

Dec 2, 2005
London
So even when we can't compare Adams to Sheridan we still do. We just assume Sheridan would have done it worse.

As you were then!

C

Cobi Budge.

Sheridan hasn't actually been mentioned on this thread until your post...

Jun 18, 2015
I think Sheridan would of done it worse and am glad the miserable sod is out of the club. Everything under Adams is so much better and the fact he connects well with the fans something Sheridan never did at the club.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":16tbjq7w said:

"Get the feeling this wouldn't have happened during recent seasons. Everything just feels a lot more professional under the current set up."

Who did you mean by this?

Dec 2, 2005
London
Cobi Budge.":33dm2lv6 said:

"Get the feeling this wouldn't have happened during recent seasons."

Given the key change between last season has been the management team it's hard to work out what else you are referring to. Happy to let you clarify.

Greenford":33dm2lv6 said:
I think Sheridan would have done it worse and am glad the miserable sod is out of the club. Everything under Adams is so much better and the fact he connects well with the fans something Sheridan never did at the club.

There are plenty of direct things we can favourably compare Adams to Sheridan on. Why anyone feels the need to "think" (read assume) Sheridan would react to a situation he didn't encounter with us in a worse fashion is beyond me.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
For the last few games of last season, arriving at about 14:25, I decided to watch Argyle's 'warm-ups'. For most of the time Paul Wotton and Sean McCarthy just stood around watching the team limbering up with no apparent input or encouragement from the coaches.

What a difference this season with the manager and coaches ensuring that planned routines are taking place in a thoroughly professional manner and they all seem to be enjoying the procedures in place to ensure that they are ready for kick-off. I am sure that there must also be much more job satisfaction for Paul Wotton now that he is working with DA and CB.