Spotlight News | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Spotlight News

Sep 2, 2015
Kingsbridge
After hearing a mention of our historic 5000th game on Spotlight news this morning I was looking forward to some brief clips of last nights atmosphere and reliving Tanners great goal. What did we get - no mention of the result but talk of floodlight failure, a heavy police presence and several arrests with a clip shown of a stand off between police and supporters!!!!

How is this possibly going to help the 'undecided' back in to view our 'New Argyle' - Unbelievable :facepalm:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
The are a completely BIASED bunch of tossers on spotlight. With the bbc tv self advertising their wares it makes one wonder why we pay the licence fee. The sooner the licence fee abolished the better. Driving home we saw some city fans being arrested.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Yes, I saw and thought that too. Sad to say, typical of Spotlight. I do hope that PAFC has a word with the local BBC.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
... but I can't agree about the license fee. Overall (ignoring the local issues), I'd happily pay double!

Sep 25, 2010
GreensOnScreen":2ob57w6w said:
... but I can't agree about the license fee. Overall (ignoring the local issues), I'd happily pay double!

Totally agree

The Licence works out to about 40 p a day, surely great value.

Cheaper than a daily newspaper.

A

acorn

It would have been easy to produce a really positive piece on a great game between two rival clubs. 9400 people, great atmosphere, superb football you could even show the funny side of the floodlight failure showing all the mobile phone lights that came on along with the don't worry music. No they decide to concentrate on the negatives of which there were very few.I expect they were disappointed there was not a full scale riot.

I would have loved for the club to put together a 30 second advert to show on telly to show fans what they are missing.

Aug 12, 2011
Don't forget It is a 90 minute program and needs to be edited.This takes time to show goals etc.I agree more could be said about the game.I still say the "licence fee" is worth it and I had to pay it also to the BBC even though I worked for them for 32 years.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreensOnScreen":1v579skg said:

Hear hear

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Let's face it if you've watched TV in the USA, you know how good the BBC is.

Saying that, Spotlight does seem to pee on our chips a lot doesn't it?

Sep 28, 2003
London
jarvo36":mt379bqf said:
After hearing a mention of our historic 5000th game on Spotlight news this morning I was looking forward to some brief clips of last nights atmosphere and reliving Tanners great goal. What did we get - no mention of the result but talk of floodlight failure, a heavy police presence and several arrests with a clip shown of a stand off between police and supporters!!!!

How is this possibly going to help the 'undecided' back in to view our 'New Argyle' - Unbelievable :facepalm:

Without comment on the quality of their reporting, it isn't the responsibility of any news organisation to attract fans to the club.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Telecine":3l6h8ukw said:
Don't forget It is a 90 minute program and needs to be edited.This takes time to show goals etc.I agree more could be said about the game.I still say the "licence fee" is worth it and I had to pay it also to the BBC even though I worked for them for 32 years.

Did someone say bias?

Heavy police presence at a local derby - not news, it happens every time we play anyone where there is the remotest possibility of some trouble, a precaution at best most of the time.

Several drunk morons get arrested - not news, happens every Friday and Saturday night at pubs and clubs up and down the country and nothing more is said about it, suddenly it happens at a football match and it's news worthy again and football fans are labelled as hooligans.

Floodlight failure - not news, at best a tid bit to tack on the end of an actual report for a football match but it's hardly a gripping news item.

5000th game, 2 good goals, an entertaining atmosphere; all good stuff and all news worthy in a report on last night's sporting action. For me that's some bleddy good editing to lose all of this but retain the negative but wholly dull and typical content they actually included in their report.

As for the License Fee, there's no way I'm losing the Great British Bake-off just because some numpty local news editor isn't a football fan.