Exeter Highlights | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter Highlights

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Charlie has caught it perfectly so the Matchday Moments on this one will be a cracker I reckon.

Jan 3, 2013
What a performance! One negative though, I thought on a few occasions players shot when colleagues were better placed, especially the 3 on 1 near the end. Is that a bad thing though in the general scheme of things I wonder?
Even Rueben was reasonable....high praise from me!

O

ogwellmike

PAFC94 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY3I898Pq3E

Disappointing that they didn't show Tanner's goal from the start of his run. The highlights don't do his goal justice.

You can see the whole run on Argyle Player's extended highlights. Well worth the subscription IMO.

Mar 29, 2011
Watching the highlights back, McCormick has almost gifted a goal. Should be holding onto the 1st shot (within the highlights). No power, neither in the corner. If it's going to be parried, it should be out of danger. Also the second save was the same as Olejnik's moments before but with McCormick lifting his feet off the floor, one for the camera's as it's known. Not a bad save but putting himself off balance only hinders his ability to stop. Decent save at the start of the second half though.

Not saying he had a bad game but this is nowhere near a 9 I've seen rated or MOTM suggested too. If your keeper isn't doing this as standard, he shouldn't be playing football, let alone in the football league.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Knarf Reprah":19m479h3 said:
What a performance! One negative though, I thought on a few occasions players shot when colleagues were better placed, especially the 3 on 1 near the end. Is that a bad thing though in the general scheme of things I wonder?
Even Rueben was reasonable....high praise from me!
:shock: :shock:
I'm sure I was on the Export yesterday. :crazy:

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
From the thread title, I was expecting to see a photo of the cathedral and... well, just the cathedral.

Anyway, great result. Looking at the youtube vid, I for one thought Wylde had every right to shoot in that 3 on 1 at the end. The defender backed off, not sure whether to close down Wylde or cover our other players. Not the best shot of course, but I would have been disappointed if he hadn't taken that on.

Looking forward to Matchday Moments...

Happy days!!

Jul 29, 2010
Lousy_Pint":3qhufmpi said:
From the thread title, I was expecting to see a photo of the cathedral and... well, just the cathedral....

Well the highlight of Exeter is surely the road sign that says "you are now leaving Exeter, thank you for driving carefully".

Looking forward to Matchday Moments, should be a cracker.

Jasa":270k7pqh said:
Watching the highlights back, McCormick has almost gifted a goal. Should be holding onto the 1st shot (within the highlights). No power, neither in the corner. If it's going to be parried, it should be out of danger. Also the second save was the same as Olejnik's moments before but with McCormick lifting his feet off the floor, one for the camera's as it's known. Not a bad save but putting himself off balance only hinders his ability to stop. Decent save at the start of the second half though.

Not saying he had a bad game but this is nowhere near a 9 I've seen rated or MOTM suggested too. If your keeper isn't doing this as standard, he shouldn't be playing football, let alone in the football league.

In defense of Luke for the 'one for the camera' save, I was positioned in Block 3 directly in line with the shot and the ball swerved back about two feet in the air, and have seen plenty of those beat many a keeper. In fact it was a fantastic save to stop us going 1-0 down, which would have changed the momentum of the game.

C

Cobi Budge.

Jasa":2o4l10xt said:

I think that's harsh, Luke had a very good game & made 4 or 5 decent stops.

With regard the one he tipped over, I was in B3 & I agree with HongKong green, the ball clearly moved in the air. A fine save.

Mar 29, 2011
Cobi Budge.":41be37wy said:
Jasa":41be37wy said:

I think that's harsh, Luke had a very good game & made 4 or 5 decent stops.

With regard the one he tipped over, I was in B3 & I agree with HongKong green, the ball clearly moved in the air. A fine save.

Not being tested and making routine stops is fine and I'm not saying he played badly, but 4 or 5 decent stops does not equal a 9 or MOTM. A midfielder making 4 or 5 decent passes wouldn't get more than a 6 or 7. It's all relative.

I'd love to see Reid get given a 9 for doing 4-5 standard things. Where you face fits I guess...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Tyler Harvey got 2 votes for Man of the Match (1 more than Luke) and he was on for less than 2 minutes. I would say that Luke rated at least a 7/10.

Nothing against Tyler Harvey; I hope that he gets a chance to prove himself.