Crowds | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Crowds

Jan 6, 2004
I am mystified why so many more turned out for the Exeter game (2000 odd?) - 4 games away from a final in a tournament nobody cares about on a Tuesday night than last Saturday when we had a great chance to go top of the league. I guess we all see different things as important, but I don't really understand this Exeter obsession. Could be generational thing I suppose, when I first supported Argyle, Exeter were not rivals, we never played them.

Aug 10, 2006
Green_Flash":106r83cn said:
I am mystified why so many more turned out for the Exeter game (2000 odd?) - 4 games away from a final in a tournament nobody cares about on a Tuesday night than last Saturday when we had a great chance to go top of the league. I guess we all see different things as important, but I don't really understand this Exeter obsession. Could be generational thing I suppose, when I first supported Argyle, Exeter were not rivals, we never played them.
when was that then we have played them on and off since 1908 and it was cheaper to get in last night than it was on Saturday that alway's help's.

Jan 7, 2013
Because most fans that can't afford every game would rather spend their money on the games that involve an atmosphere, your not going to get much banter from 50 Crawley fans. I get your point but it will always be this way.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Local derby
Slightly cheaper tickets
Tuesday evening more convenient than 3pm on a Saturday

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Loved the playoff have at home on a Saturday evening. Be great to have a Saturday evening game again. 6pm or so would be good too

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
loyal1970":19um6m5g said:
Green_Flash":19um6m5g said:
when was that then we have played them on and off since 1908 and it was cheaper to get in last night than it was on Saturday that alway's help's.
It is definitely a generation thing for me. In my first 28 seasons supporting Argyle from the 1964/65 season to the 1991/92 season which took me close to 40 years of age we were only in the same division as Exeter for a 6 year spell from 1978/79 to 1983/84 when they had a rare spell in the 3rd tier. To me they were just a small club either one or two divisions below us who we put a weakened side out to play in the Devon Professional Bowl most seasons.
I was pleasantly shocked at the attendance for the JPT game on Tuesday, almost 10,000 for a competition which never normally captures a club's fans' attention until the very late stages. I guess the more seasons we play in a division below our mean level the more the rivalry thing will grow with the younger generation especially. To me it's just a painful reminder of how low an ebb we are currently at.
If we can attract that sort of gate for a JPT game it makes me wonder if the capacity will be enough for our league encounter with Exeter in November should we maintain our lofty position in the league.

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
We normally have Saturday night matches here in France kicking off at 8 or 9pm. Believe me, if England switches to that you'll never want a daytime kick-off again. Daytime Saturday is a pain in the arse.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I think the rivalry, however you describe it, is important - not least because of the financial returns. To me it's more about the atmosphere you get. I live and work in Exeter and it's been particularly good fun in the last two years!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I know people who never go to Argyle but went on Tuesday night. I guess it had the feel of a special event. I think the lower ticket prices helped with this.