Our new (and our loan) players? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our new (and our loan) players?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I do wonder after last night whether the new lads now realise what an absolutely cracking decision they made in the summer.

Last night must have proved to them that they have joined one of the biggest clubs in the bottom two tiers.

As a lot of people said before the kick off to the new season and before Derek walked the walk (just for you Alan) this really is reminiscent of the Luggy days.

I know it's early, I know we'll hit a dip etc, but you can tell the Argyle fans today, we're all walking around with soppy smiles on our faces.

COYG's. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":1tl1lsgk said:
I do wonder after last night whether the new lads now realise what an absolutely cracking decision they made in the summer.

Last night must have proved to them that they have joined one of the biggest clubs in the bottom two tiers.

As a lot of people said before the kick off to the new season and before Derek walked the walk (just for you Alan) this really is reminiscent of the Luggy days.

I know it's early, I know we'll hit a dip etc, but you can tell the Argyle fans today, we're all walking around with soppy smiles on our faces.

COYG's. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
I would hope so Ian.
I'm getting more enquiries from the 'lapsed' fans/ non believers, asking if it's a fluke that Argyle are where we are in the league, and there's certainly a buzz around the ground again.
It's good to be Green :cool:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It certainly does Paul.

It's certainly good to see this site talking about football again as well, thankfully the political stuff seems to have died away as well, which in my view is a sure sign that the people on the pitch are doing what they should be doing.

I've seen grown men's bottom lips quivering in the last few weeks, after all the utter crap we've had to put up with (on and off the pitch) it's great to be a Green.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
IJN":354ul37h said:
It certainly does Paul.

It's certainly good to see this site talking about football again as well, thankfully the political stuff seems to have died away as well, which in my view is a sure sign that the people on the pitch are doing what they should be doing.

I've seen grown men's bottom lips quivering in the last few weeks, after all the utter crap we've had to put up with (on and off the pitch) it's great to be a Green.
I think there's a time and a place sometimes Ian.
It's nice to know what vision we have as a football club going forward.
Particularly after what we've been through.
However, we are football fans first and foremost, and the football is entertaining and enjoyable once again.
Personally, as my James is growing up, his hobbies are getting more and more varied.
But he's loving his Argyle days with his dad, above all the other things, which is great for me and fills me with pride that the future generation of the Green Army, from the DRF angle at least, is in safe hands.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You are right there is Paul, problem is when people go running off and sulking because 'this site' doesn't respond.

Like all posts on here if people want to respond they will, if people don't think it's relevant or interesting enough to respond they won't, it's always been thus.

Anyways, back to point, I'm jealous of your son going, my does on occasions but still refers to Argyle as 'you' rather than 'we'. Who knows perhaps one day eh?

Onwards and upwards.

Aug 29, 2014
Sat there last night at 2.0 with a gert great smile on me face and me buy going crazy with excitement. Can't beat that and I really think we are about to experience a great season ... A special night

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
"I know of at least a dozen people who have been season ticket holders for the past 20/30 years that are not renewing this season, they have had enough it's just not the football the club has lost its soul the heart has gone out of the club.
It will be interesting to see what the actual season ticket sale are, not the standard "about the same as last season."

This is a quote that I saw on here in June this year.
What an amazing turnaround that we have seen in the last few months!!
I wonder if they, and others who decided not to renew, are regretting their decision.
I genuinely sympathise with them as, if they were ST holders for that long, they have been through bad times in the last few years.
I suspect that, at least, some have decided to return.
It would be interesting to hear from some of them.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
davie nine":2xef5uh6 said:
"I know of at least a dozen people who have been season ticket holders for the past 20/30 years that are not renewing this season, they have had enough it's just not the football the club has lost its soul the heart has gone out of the club.
It will be interesting to see what the actual season ticket sale are, not the standard "about the same as last season."

This is a quote that I saw on here in June this year.
What an amazing turnaround that we have seen in the last few months!!
I wonder if they, and others who decided not to renew, are regretting their decision.
I genuinely sympathise with them as, if they were ST holders for that long, they have been through bad times in the last few years.
I suspect that, at least, some have decided to return.
It would be interesting to hear from some of them.
Season tickets are still on sale. The prices are worked out on a pro-rata basis.
I learnt this little fact last Thursday evening at our PACSA do, when we presented Luke with last year's player of the season.
I had a lovely chat with the club's new secretary, our very own Jon B (over a Strongbow Ian :lol: )
He was trying to get the media/communications people to push this fact, whilst the feel good factor was high.

Back to the OP, my happiest outcome of the new signings is Graham Sawyer. My Son-in-Law's family and friends are all devoted Orient supporters , and were very dismissive when we signed Sawyer, claiming he was an average player who would not be missed. I take great delight in pointing out he is a vital part of one of the best defences in the league, and can't wait to meet them again now we've knocked them off top spot.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we swapped places with them and Wycombe a few times over the rest of the season.

Sep 20, 2003
My Son came home from school yesterday and told me that everyone on the bus to Ivybridge School were singing Argyle songs both to and from and that nearly all the lads (and lasses) went on Tuesday night and will be going to home games in future.

If the kids are on board this club is waking.

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
Wozzer":1ras6uus said:
My Son came home from school yesterday and told me that everyone on the bus to Ivybridge School were singing Argyle songs both to and from and that nearly all the lads (and lasses) went on Tuesday night and will be going to home games in future.

If the kids are on board this club is waking.

That's actually incredible love the feel good factor at the moment to hear the next generation are getting behind their local team is quality proud to be a green

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
A green my whole life and after our incredible start lots of my uni mates from Plymouth Uni are interested in coming to games some went on Wednesday and were posting on facebook how much of a good time they had so hopefully this brings along a few extra bums on seats for the short term future whilst we're doing well and possibly even have a couple of them adopt us as a second team

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
I've got some family on my wife's side who used to be season ticket holders 4 or so years ago and have been to a couple games this season and have stated they will be back more often too. Imagine of we could get the crowds back to how they were in the championship era, virtually no empty seats in most parts and a great buzz around the place.

I've also noticed myself far less moans from some of the people who sit by me this season.