Hollowords Sky Prediction for Sunday | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Hollowords Sky Prediction for Sunday

Mar 21, 2006
Hollowords says 3-1 to Argyle:

I'm looking forward to seeing County's set-up; I know there have been high expectations there. They're so close to their neighbours Forest - just over the bridge - but it's difficult to compete. I wish them all the best but I think Plymouth will have too much. I really like what Derek Adams has done. No one of knew that much about him, coming down from Scotland, but he's done a brilliant job. I like the look of Hiram Boateng - on loan from Crystal Palace - and Jake Jervis and I'm really pleased to see them doing well. Reuben Reid can play at any level if he puts his mind to it, I tell you. He's strong, got all types of finishes in his locker.

When I went to the club I said that I wanted them to grow and dominate the south west. I think they could easily do it. We had problems getting players down there but we'd almost got over when we ended up so high in the Championship. But two members of the board left - that really affected where we were going - and what was said when I first went there wasn't the same at the end. You can't compromise as a manager and that's the reason I left. I didn't sell any of the players; I wanted to give them new contracts. It all fell away in the end but good luck to them - I still believe that, with their support, they can be a force.

:clap: ;)

------------------------

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... rton-clash

Link added by Admin.

Sep 25, 2010
Wasn't, he going to sue us after the Stapleton comments

Did I miss the Court case !!!!!!!!!

Don't trust him on anything

:clap: ;)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I do hope he won't be covering our game, seeing his smarmy face on the pre-match coverage is enough to drive anybody straight for the off button.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thank God I'm going. Nothing worse than seeing that shrew faced Bristolian anywhere near our club.

Not that I'm bitter of course.

C

chronicgreen

I liked him, enjoyed the football we played under him, was disappointed/angry when he left but in the fullness of time respect his reasons for so doing.

Sep 25, 2010
chronicgreen":1vclitll said:
I liked him, enjoyed the football we played under him, was disappointed/angry when he left but in the fullness of time respect his reasons for so doing.

He left because he followed the money at Leicester, and he messed up here at Plymouth.

Never did fight the accusations of Stapleton did he

Wonder why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he is at Notts County, he may get a warm welcome (not)

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Not pursuing a legal claim against that family is hardly the jury decision for the 'truth', is it?
If Adams can get as many janners excited again about Argyle as Hollow had a hand in, fair play to him.

C

Cobi Budge.

I wouldn't say I like him but I don't feel the level of hate toward him that others do, in fact I don't feel much at all toward him, probably because, despite what he did in the end, the football played under him was truly superb. The love & bitterness balances out into indifference for me.

I probably would have taken him back a few months ago when he was the front-runner, obviously delighted we've got DA though.

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge.":36anj8kq said:
I wouldn't say I like him but I don't feel the level of hate toward him that others do, in fact I don't feel much at all toward him, probably because, despite what he did in the end, the football played under him was truly superb. The love & bitterness balances out into indifference for me.

I probably would have taken him back a few months ago when he was the front-runner, obviously delighted we've got DA though.

Quite, I agree though I actually like him a bit too.

There's lots of awful people associated with the club from that time, but he isn't one of them.

Sep 13, 2003
If Holloway actually came out with that statement instead of the "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" rubbish....then I doubt the vitrol would have been as high towards him. Better late than never for an explanation Ian.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
He said, she said... we'll probably never know exactly what happened or why he left us but I'm sure the greater potential, as well as a larger salary no doubt, was a significant factor when Leicester came calling for him.

However, what I do know is that in a lifetime of supporting Argyle, I cannot ever remember sensing more of a feel-good factor than being over in Austria on the pre-season tour before the start of Holloway's second season in charge and really getting the feeling that Argyle were going to be genuine contenders for promotion to the Premiership.

Much of that positivity came from the way Holloway had built on the excellent foundation which Pulis had put down.

Happy days.

Sep 25, 2010
The point is he said, the Stapleton accusations against him were untrue.

He said he would take legal advise and sue him, then it went all quite.

It is Managerial speak, for it was probably true, but to save face, I will say that he is taking legal advise, and hope it will go away.

Did he ever put his side of events no, and some of the Stapleton accusations were very, very damning, so you would think, that he wanted to tell his 'truth'.

Hope not that he is covering the game on sunday

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
demportdave":it7t0a00 said:
He said, she said... we'll probably never know exactly what happened or why he left us but I'm sure the greater potential, as well as a larger salary no doubt, was a significant factor when Leicester came calling for him.

However, what I do know is that in a lifetime of supporting Argyle, I cannot ever remember sensing more of a feel-good factor than being over in Austria on the pre-season tour before the start of Holloway's second season in charge and really getting the feeling that Argyle were going to be genuine contenders for promotion to the Premiership.

Much of that positivity came from the way Holloway had built on the excellent foundation which Pulis had put down.

Happy days.

They were good days that's for sure.

However, it was in Austria that I saw some of his double facedness come through, and what he told me one night made me dislike him immediately.

'What I say to the press and what I think in my own mind are two very different things' and then proceeded to slag off Luggy. :furious: Horrible little weasel that night as I say, I saw his true colours.

Obviously one has to watch what is said on here, but from that minute onwards and way before all the crap happened, I went off the odious little sod. Green blood my arse, out for himself and sod Argyle.

Sep 19, 2015
I don't blame Holloway as I beleive that he had the rug pulled from beneath his feet by Stapleton and his cronies. If the chairman of my team offloaded four of my best players whilst 7th in The Championship, I would be looking for a way out as well.