Passion without Violence | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Passion without Violence

Mar 14, 2009
So tonight you have 13-17's year old and supposed "adults" completing losing the plot. Morrison is an old pro. He was getting stick and he just gave it back. Except the lack of maturity in most 13-17's year old means they are very much an easy target for being wound up. Whilst I don't condone Morrison's behaviour I do believe if you "cant take it, then don't dish it out".

I know every club has it "moronic element of fans" yet this situation repeats its ugly head every time we have a match against a team with a "hooligan element" or against or local rivals "Exeter". They just turn up for these games. They just want a punch up. So why not go watch a boxing match?

The way some of the idiots got on the field at the end and just hold out their arms like they are hard. If them Millwall fans got hold of them they certainly would of known what being tough is. What on earth you trying to do? Prove your a idiot? We already know this!! What a great example you are to them immature "kids" sat around you :thumbs:

I don't know what it is that goes on in the head of people. Is the only way you can "get up" for a game by trying to get violent or confront the away fans. I don't think people realise you can do this without using your fists.

This is not to say everyone who sits in Zoo corner is a idiot looking for a fight. Although why you want to sit around some of those people I don't know. I suppose its for "atmosphere".

Argyle really need to look at their policy at putting a family enclosure next to these people though. It doesn't send any kind of decent message. I'm not sure if tonight the family enclosure was next to zoo corner but it has been for a majority of games in the past and I am guessing it will be the same for the Exeter game. Why would parents want to take their young kids and have to sit in the next block to them? Surely for any responsible adult it is off putting?

I know Exeter is fast approaching and we are about to "experience" this situation all over again with far more people turning up for that game. I am just at a complete lost why they cant support Argyle without completing losing the plot.

I guess I must be in the minority as a fan in the way I feel because the club don't seem to want to do anything about this situation. Are people just scared? I know fans wouldn't say anything to others around them who they think is being an idiot but what about the club? Would they just rather take their money and let police deal with them on match day. Its not really addressing the situation is it.

Personally, I think we have a great set fans but its just situations like tonight that make me shake my head at the stupidity of some that use football as a vehicle to vent their aggression, under a lack of control, at something that shouldn't have anything to do with football or Plymouth Argyle.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Metal_Green_Mickey":25vlpcsf said:
So tonight you have 13-17's year old and supposed "adults" completing losing the plot. Morrison is an old pro. He was getting stick and he just gave it back. Except the lack of maturity in most 13-17's year old means they are very much an easy target for being wound up. Whilst I don't condone Morrison's behaviour I do believe if you "cant take it, then don't dish it out".

I know every club has it "moronic element of fans" yet this situation repeats its ugly head every time we have a match against a team with a "hooligan element" or against or local rivals "Exeter". They just turn up for these games. They just want a punch up. So why not go watch a boxing match?

The way some of the idiots got on the field at the end and just hold out their arms like they are hard. If them Millwall fans got hold of them they certainly would have known what being tough is. What on earth you trying to do? Prove your a idiot? We already know this!! What a great example you are to them immature "kids" sat around you :thumbs:

I don't know what it is that goes on in the head of people. Is the only way you can "get up" for a game by trying to get violent or confront the away fans. I don't think people realise you can do this without using your fists.

This is not to say everyone who sits in Zoo corner is a idiot looking for a fight. Although why you want to sit around some of those people I don't know. I suppose its for "atmosphere".

Argyle really need to look at their policy at putting a family enclosure next to these people though. It doesn't send any kind of decent message. I'm not sure if tonight the family enclosure was next to zoo corner but it has been for a majority of games in the past and I am guessing it will be the same for the Exeter game. Why would parents want to take their young kids and have to sit in the next block to them? Surely for any responsible adult it is off putting?

I know Exeter is fast approaching and we are about to "experience" this situation all over again with far more people turning up for that game. I am just at a complete lost why they cant support Argyle without completing losing the plot.

I guess I must be in the minority as a fan in the way I feel because the club don't seem to want to do anything about this situation. Are people just scared? I know fans wouldn't say anything to others around them who they think is being an idiot but what about the club? Would they just rather take their money and let police deal with them on match day. Its not really addressing the situation is it.

Personally, I think we have a great set fans but its just situations like tonight that make me shake my head at the stupidity of some that use football as a vehicle to vent their aggression, under a lack of control, at something that shouldn't have anything to do with football or Plymouth Argyle.

With a bit of luck the cctv will capture these knobwipes and they can receive their well deserved banning orders. The club don't need them and the rest of the fans wont miss them.

C

Cult Of Personality

Ok I sit in the new zoo corner formally block 14 .

I have been a season is ticket holder for years and have sat there for since I had my season ticket. Zoo corner used to be block 15/16 where the yobs and pay on the day green street wannabes would go to.

Most games block 14 is a great place to sit with the guys standing at the back making some noise and shouting out some funny insults nothing major .

But Come Exeter or a game like Millwall we are invaded by the green street wannabes and it turns into a nightmare for people who just want to watch the game .

We have to deal with standing up all game like I said the guys at the back stand up but that's no issue as the all stand up whilst the people in middle and lower rows sit. But these games we have to stand and for me being 6 foot and in good health its fine but there are family's with kids who suffer

2nd the constant staring and trying to look hard in front of there mates and others . giving it finger and stuff whilst not even watching the game.

It's a joke and quite a few times I have seen season ticket holders move due to verbal abuse or not being able to see the game

I know I sound like I am no fun . but the club really have to get a handle of this its a joke

S

Stevec85

Having the family enclosure in that corner is a joke, not great for young fans

P

PL3 Greens

Ive had my ST seat in Block 14 for about 3 seasons now and obviously i can tell who else is season tickets or regulars. Tonight though the seats were taken by mid aged men shouting abuse and had very little interest - felt sorry for any parents that took children to the game.

Jan 29, 2010
Lets be honest our stewards don't help, when a moron runs onto the pitch to confront opposing fans and he is merely ushered back to the terracing following this it must encourage others to do the same.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Pete H":2olh325x said:
Lets be honest our stewards don't help, when a moron runs onto the pitch to confront opposing fans and he is merely ushered back to the terracing following this it must encourage others to do the same.

To be fair they couldn't really kick him out because he'd have nowhere to go except wait outside where there will soon be lots of Argyle fans to have a go at.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
To be fair I thought our stewards did an outstanding job in testing circumstances, I here they were praised by the police sergeant attending for the assistance especially outside.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PilgrimLew":v5q9nveg said:
To be fair I thought our stewards did an outstanding job in testing circumstances, I here they were praised by the police sergeant attending for the assistance especially outside.

I agree. I watched things unfolding in the ground at the end of the game as I was quessing to get down the Lyndhurst steps and there was a very real possibility that things could have got really serious. The stewards did a good job of keeping people apart. If there had been any close physical contact between an Argyle or Millwall 'fan' at that point it would have triggered a full on brawl and there would have been nothing the stewards could have done at that point.

I don't agree with other comments in this thread absolving Steve Morison from his professional responsibility. He quite clearly incited people and made the situation much worse than it was. Even at the end he was waving and snearing across towards the Argyle fans with a stupid smirk on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was completely wrong, dangerous and completely unacceptable.

Mar 14, 2009
The Doctor":19tnls4o said:
PilgrimLew":19tnls4o said:

I agree. I watched things unfolding in the ground at the end of the game as I was quessing to get down the Lyndhurst steps and there was a very real possibility that things could have got really serious. The stewards did a good job of keeping people apart. If there had been any close physical contact between an Argyle or Millwall 'fan' at that point it would have triggered a full on brawl and there would have been nothing the stewards could have done at that point.

I don't agree with other comments in this thread absolving Steve Morison from his professional responsibility. He quite clearly incited people and made the situation much worse than it was. Even at the end he was waving and snearing across towards the Argyle fans with a stupid smirk on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was completely wrong, dangerous and completely unacceptable.

There is no doubt the ref should have booked him. Yet if you take your shirt off that's a yellow card. Barmy.

However, some of it was not needed but other things he did was thumbs up and wave. I remember Kevin Ellison of Morecambe (I think the season before) having banter with that part of the crowd. The difference is we were playing Morecambe and not Millwall and so the reaction wasn't as heated. Where is the line? He crossed it at times but at other times some of the stuff he did wasn't anything to get wound up about that some of them, I cant call them Argyle fans, were losing the plot over.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
In my opinion, Kevin Ellison was joking with the crowd, taking the mick out of himself as much as people in the crowd whereas Morison was deliberately winding people up, knowing that they could quite easily snap. I felt the two scenarios were quite different. And yes, the difference was partly that we were playing Millwall last night and not Morecambe. That's why it is all the more important that the players behaved in a professional manner. The whole scenario was inherently much more dangerous. He knew that (I am sure).

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Metal_Green_Mickey":2t1p22gq said:
The Doctor":2t1p22gq said:
PilgrimLew":2t1p22gq said:

There is no doubt the ref should have booked him. Yet if you take your shirt off that's a yellow card. Barmy.

However, some of it was not needed but other things he did was thumbs up and wave. I remember Kevin Ellison of Morecambe (I think the season before) having banter with that part of the crowd. The difference is we were playing Morecambe and not Millwall and so the reaction wasn't as heated. Where is the line? He crossed it at times but at other times some of the stuff he did wasn't anything to get wound up about that some of them, I cant call them Argyle fans, were losing the plot over.

I'm assuming our troublesome 'fans' are the Central Element mob--came across some of them by mistake when I was looking for an Argyle Facebook page--dear oh dear--shaved heads, flags of St.George, No Surrender signs and most of them well over 40 except for a few hangers on. I do think the club need to get tough on this lot with the help of the police--it's not fair that actual fans have to put up with a sizeable group standing up in the seating area. Ask them to sit down and if they don't comply chuck them out.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
He knew exactly what he was doing and even carried it on even after the ref had try to defuse it and pull him away. There was far more spite in Morrisons behaviour last night and to compare it with Ellison putting the ball up his jumper whilst being abused by a fat bloke is plainly wrong.

Whether footballers should just accept and take abuse from the crowd and never be allowed responded is another question but for me Morrison clearly went well past the that line in the sand and seemingly enjoyed doing it and for that reason was out of order.