Sh!t referee! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sh!t referee!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Stonewall penalty missed. Gave every 50/50 their way. Did nothing to control their gamesmanship which was the worst I've seen all season

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Gave nothing when their forward ran clean through 2nd half and our palace loanee tried to flatten him. Could of been a red but he waved play on.
Wylde burst into the box and his cross was blocked for an obvious corner but the ref gave a goal kick. He must of been the only one in the ground who saw it that way.
And on it went.
He never clamped down on shameless time wasting either.
I'm just glad we nicked the point as if we hadn't it could be seen as sour grapes

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
ch00se":1doqncn9 said:
absolutely dire, not saying it would have definitely changed the outcome of the game but dire nonetheless

If he had given the stonewall penalty and let Carey continue one on one with their keeper, it could have quite easily been 3-1.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
I did not go and was listening to comms, but they said Nelson could have easily been sent off? If that had happened then it would also have been different.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
GreenThing":2wajw6xt said:
ch00se":2wajw6xt said:
absolutely dire, not saying it would have definitely changed the outcome of the game but dire nonetheless

If he had given the stonewall penalty and let Carey continue one on one with their keeper, it could have quite easily been 3-1.

Nice one. :thumbup:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
One of the absolute worst things he did other than miss the blatantly penalty was allow one of their players, who was injured in our box (I say injured, I mean cheating) to go off on halfway instead of behind the goal. He virtually held his hand all the way off then waved him back on immediately.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
RNHGreen":1k2wpwoj said:
Tbf we weren't great.

No we were appalling
But that doesn't excuse a performance in which the ref;
Bottled a red card for an Orient challenge that put Threlkeld out of the game
Allowed Orient to time waste for the entire game
Gave virtually every 50/50 the wrong way, including in our favour.
Missed a stonewall penalty for a pull on Jervis that he was right in front of yet saw the same offence by Carey from afar

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
This was a refereeing performance so bad it was verging on the comical. I know that all fans see 50:50s in their own team's favours and also that you have to make reasonable allowances for matters of judgment which, to be honest, an experienced referred is better placed than the fan in the stand...

...but this was so abysmal that in the end I almost felt sorry for the bloke. To have those words ringing out from three sides of the ground can't be a pleasant experience and I did notice Derek Adams waiting for him on the touchline at the end after spending most of the previous 90 minutes in fury in the ear of the fourth official.

We expect professionalism and courage from our own players, is it really too much to expect some degree of professionalism and courage from match officials?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
There was a throw in I remember where Mellor (I think) had literally just passed it straight out instead of to Wylde, who then picked it up as if it was our throw and the ref allowed it!

Mar 29, 2011
Andy in Peverell":248dm0w9 said:
Gave nothing when their forward ran clean through 2nd half and our palace loanee tried to flatten him. could have been a red but he waved play on.
In fairness, it's the one decision he got correct. Side on in block 14, the ball was won when the striker tried 'riding' the tackle when he could have continued his run. He got nothing else right.

The corner he didn't give is the worst decision I've seen in a while. Referee's are taught to 'let the players make the decision' if they are not sure which way to award a decision. What this means is to let the players assume they're position based on which way they think the decision should be awarded. 5-6 Orient defenders started moving into their 6 yard box setting up to defend a corner made this an easy decision for him. It seems not!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
We've had some utterly useless referees in charge of our games during our time in League 2 but none of them compare to this clown. I don't think I've ever seen a whole ground turn on a referee as we did tonight. "poo referee!" echoed around Home Park for all to hear, you get the odd "we always get" and "who's you're father?" But this was something else, the chant just carried on at the end before a resounding boo as he and his assistants left the pitch.

Atrocious, the bloke should never referee another professional game after tonight IMO.