Look at it this way.... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Look at it this way....

Aug 24, 2011
Our next 5 games are against 17th or lower opposition. During this time we should be gaining some good points and getting back to full strength as we don't have anyone out long term!

Jan 29, 2010
Yes I noticed that the other day, plus following Saturday`s game we have a 14 day break, which should help us with the current injury situation.

Mar 18, 2006
Majesticmacc":3fbpo70q said:
Our next 5 games are against 17th or lower opposition. During this time we should be gaining some good points and getting back to full strength as we don't have anyone out long term!

Yes, but only if some of the injured players return.

If they don"t, we will not pick up many points against so called weaker opposition.

Aug 24, 2011
Johndelve":x91cvx1r said:
Majesticmacc":x91cvx1r said:

Yes, but only if some of the injured players return.

If they don"t, we will not pick up many points against so called weaker opposition.

Sorry but were still stronger than all those sides without all current injuries. Plus most players will be back after just the first game!

P

pafcstafford

I thought similar when they we're all moaning Saturday. If you look at league table we've played so many of the top side's its unbelievable really and just shows how well the lads have done. And that win at Northampton looks fantastic now

Oct 12, 2015
Waraqah":1q4ukqmn said:
I seem to recall a similar thread to this around this time last season. I think the OP said that around 10 of the next 12 games were winnable/against bottom half opposition.

That was around the time our season collapsed.

:scarf:

That's the spirit ;)

C

C. Slade

Why don't we look at it this way.
Which supporters should be the most disappointed today after last nights home draws.
Us having played a former top of the league team containing the league top scorer or Oxfords having dropped 2 points against lowly Newport and missing opportunity to go top.
All the teams will have a dip in form at some point, Orient are a classic example. They were flying after 5 games up until someone gave them a hiding - Exeter City - who have just put one over on us.
Argyle were not great last night. With a better ref and a bit of luck however we might have still gone home happy, despite our injury situation.
We're still top. Lower league opposition fixtures imminent.
We're out of the cups but if that is regarded as a season collapse some supporters must have very short memories.
Let's not be all gloom and doom and glass half empty.

HertsPilgrim":uv46t4my said:
Waraqah":uv46t4my said:
I seem to recall a similar thread to this around this time last season. I think the OP said that around 10 of the next 12 games were winnable/against bottom half opposition.

That's the spirit ;)

:funny:

I was referring to last season collapsing. FWIW, I think we're strong enough to avoid a repeat this time round, especially as players start coming back from injury. My comment was only meant to be semi-serious.

Max, my glass is still 3/4 full!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I remember when Norwich were 7th in the Premier League at Xmas and were realistically looking at another European spot back in the mid-90's, only to go on a horrendous run in the 2nd half of the seasons and ended up getting relegated. Just saying, like :greensmile:

Quinny":3cc9sn5j said:
I remember when Norwich were 7th in the Premier League at Xmas and were realistically looking at another European spot back in the mid-90's, only to go on a horrendous run in the 2nd half of the seasons and ended up getting relegated. Just saying, like :greensmile:

Blimey, and I thought I was being a miserable sod with my earlier post! :lol:

C

C. Slade

Waraqah":y2g778uv said:
HertsPilgrim":y2g778uv said:
Waraqah":y2g778uv said:

That's the spirit ;)

:funny:

I was referring to last season collapsing. FWIW, I think we're strong enough to avoid a repeat this time round, especially as players start coming back from injury. My comment was only meant to be semi-serious.

Max, my glass is still 3/4 full!

waraqah - Sorry for mixing up your seasons. Glad you're happy and don't need a top up!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Quinny":djp3jtuc said:
If you want to bet on that happening to Argyle this season, most bookies will give you £1,000 for £1. Just saying!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Exeter and Orient both looked like winnable games. I detect a bit of complacency creeping in throughout the club. Time to get feet back on the ground and dig in.