How do you rate Kelvin Mellor? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How do you rate Kelvin Mellor?

Oct 5, 2013
Have been trying to understand why Kelvin is apparently an automatic pick: can anyone enlighten me, as I don't seem to "get" him as a player?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with that.

I like him as a player, I really do 'get' him, but in some games he can look like he hasn't played before.

I think the team is better for having him it. He's very much a confidence player as well I reckon.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":i9w0aih1 said:
Agree with that.

I like him as a player, I really do 'get' him, but in some games he can look like he hasn't played before.

I think the team is better for having him it. He's very much a confidence player as well I reckon.
He's certainly that Ian.
Seemed to be having a hangover from the penalty on Saturday. Defensively anyway.
Attacking wise was effective on the overlap.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Knarf Reprah":1tu6wc2w said:
I like him too, but he's not a full back, he's a wing back

:thumbup: :clap:

Oct 24, 2010
Good player. A lot better defensively than many give him credit for and on his day outstanding going forward. As Ron Atkinson would have said he has a rick in him but then again who doesn't.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I quite like Mellor, his height and awkward gait make him look..... well awkward to some fans but on his day and with some confidence he's a very good right-back and part of one the best defences in the league.

I too think Mellor is actually a very good player for this level. When he plays well his work often goes unnoticed by many, but when we lose he is often made the scapegoat. Of course he has the odd mistake in his game, but there is a reason he is regularly one of the starting eleven. As Dreamgreen mentions, when Mellor plays well the team play well.

One of those players that seems to thrive on confidence, and if he cuts out the mistakes he could be a vital player for us. He's also won promotion from League 2 before with Crewe, which is great experience to have in the team.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I like him but he is so nice doesn't seem to have a lot of aggression. I was glad he was playing last night as I suspected DA might put Oscar at right back and retain Simpson in m/F

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Good going forward and Ok as a defender. For me his problem is all about decision making in tight situations. But over the last few games he hasn't been the only defender with that issue ....