Orient = Stevenage #2. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Orient = Stevenage #2.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thought Orient were the dirtiest team playing the dark arts since Stevenage of last season.

I'm not sure whether they're being fed red meat or something but they were flying into their tackles last night and the time wasting started on 18 minutes.

Perhaps they saw what a dim-witted referee was present last night and they adapted their tactics to suit, but I really did think they were a vile team.

Still can't believe that challenge from Simpson. :doh:

Hope they struggle this season, I really do.

Oct 24, 2010
I thought in the first half they sat back and were very defensive and made an art form of disrupting play and time wasting, the second half however they pushed up and pressed us high up the pitch and were on the front foot throughout the half and there was very little of the "dark arts" on show. In fairness to the referee he allowed four minutes of added in time in the first half much of which would have been for Orient's time wasting.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not sure about that Rich. Wasn't the assault on Oscar in the first half?

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":2xfsodu6 said:
That would probably account for a couple of minutes, Ian, and there was a substitution but I'm guessing he added a minute or so for the time wasting.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I'd agree with esmer. 4 minutes of injury time wasn't enough but it's still more than most would add on and I don't think the Oscar injury actually took that much time. Of course, what isn't accounted for is the constant disruption to play.

Second-half they pressed and were also very effective on the break - a clear strategy anticipating us playing further forward.

In order of disappointment for me would be:

1. Our ineffective forward play.
2. The referee's (and his chum's) all round incompetence (above statement excepted).
3. Orient's time-wasting.

It was a hugely frustrating evening which pre-occupied my 3 hour journey that followed for this morning's work committment ....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I know I'm in a minority, but I loved the game last night. It had loads of proper football things in it. Including a ref we could all shout at!

I wasn't happy with our performance like I have been in away games but I thought we gave it all we had and it was a proper cut and thrust game.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
esmer":22mu39qd said:
I thought in the first half they sat back and were very defensive and made an art form of disrupting play and time wasting, the second half however they pushed up and pressed us high up the pitch and were on the front foot throughout the half and there was very little of the "dark arts" on show. In fairness to the referee he allowed four minutes of added in time in the first half much of which would have been for Orient's time wasting.

Four minutes was not very generous really. In the first half there had been a goal and two substitutions which would account for 90 seconds of added time but there was also two lengthy breaks for treatment to players. Six minutes would have been about right.

People around me were talking about the so called time wasting too last night. Argyle have a reputation of being a fast and pacy side this season so lots of teams are going to slow the pace down deliberately. It might not be nice to watch but the laws don't say that this tactic is unlawful.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
esmer":37vg0nwz said:
IJN":37vg0nwz said:
That would probably account for a couple of minutes, Ian, and there was a substitution but I'm guessing he added a minute or so for the time wasting.

Walton also received treatment in the first couple of minutes.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Wonder how much time the ball is actually in play for, anyone take notes last night?!

Interesting in the rugby world cup, Ireland (i think) only trained intensively for 39 minutes of play because they analysed that was all that was needed in a game.

Wonder in football whether a "time-off" concept would work better than "added time" which seems a random number often with no correlation to the actual game. Would they be able to use it for throw ins and goal kicks etc for which the pre-routines are excessive to say the least when required.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
davie nine":r1lei9as said:
esmer":r1lei9as said:
IJN":r1lei9as said:

Walton also received treatment in the first couple of minutes.

Good point. The gormless idiot even got that wrong. The Walton one must have been at least three minutes, and Oscar's probably the same. :banghead:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I've always associated Leyton Orient as a good footballing side who play the game in the right spirit,not the cheating load of barstewards that I saw last night,with every time wasting tactic being employed by the goalkeeper right through to their physio.Absolutely disgusted.

Aug 10, 2006
part and parcel of the game it's a pity we never had someone flying in with a hard tackle on Saturday then Exeter may not have scored there second goal, it was a derby game after all.