Let's pretend it's an international break... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Let's pretend it's an international break...

Jul 29, 2010
...use this two week break for what we used to use it for in the good old championship days.

Rest, recoup and get ready to go again :cool:

Let's gloss over the fact we've got a free weekend because we were dumped out at home by the mighty Carlisle and that we're limping, metaphorically AND literally into this break.

Oxford & Northampton will be frustrated with the break in their momentum, they're on form. For us though it couldn't come soon enough, we REALLY need this.

So fans and players alike, convince yer selves it's an international break. Take a breather, let wounds heal and redirect the promotion bandwagon onto the right track again.

Onwards :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I certainly hope the team gets a chance of some time off. Rest up so the little niggles and boo boos get better. Luke, Reuben et al to be 2 weeks closer to being back, still in top 3 and that after a poor run of form.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
We've been told Luke and Reuben are to train from Monday so hopefully both should be match fit by the 12th. Hartley expected back "very soon", but I'm sure we were initially told the same about Reubs and its been 7 or 8 games now? So less optimistic about him coming back. Boateng returning to Palace doesn't bode too well, but if the premier league physios can work their magic by the end of the week and send him back to train with DA for another, Adams can reintroduce him to the side. I'm sure a few of the constant starters will appreciate a rest n all. Carey going off today is a massive massive concern, hopefully its nothing serious and two weeks is more than ample time to recover. I wonder if Mellor's recent sluggishness and downturn in form is down to fatigue/injury as well?

5 points from 12 has been far from ideal this November, alongside back to back home defeats in the cups. But given how injury has savaged the spine of our team and has effected 6 of our automatic starters, its really no great surprise.

Jul 29, 2010
Another thing to loom forward to during our we were pish in the cup break 'international break' is that Wilder or Appleton will be given the manager of the month award.

Del Bhey will start again in two weeks without that monkey on his back :thumbs:

Sep 23, 2005
Hope Hartley is back sooner rather than later.

Croll looks lacking in confidence and certainly doesn't seem to be the close to Premier standard player we were hoping for. As usual we are missing Hartley's leadership and strength. There is far too much weight left on young Nelson's shoulders.

Carey now the latest casualty. All we can do is hope 2 weeks is enough for him and Threkeld who would surely have come on today rather than Purrington if he'd been fully recovered. McHugh will benefit too as I don't believe he is fully fit

Yep the lineup for Cambridge will be very interesting.

Aug 10, 2006
no let's not it is a break forced on us because we are out of the fa cup but we will make the most of it regarding resting player's injurie's ect.

Jul 29, 2010
'Willing suspension of disbelief' Loyal, 'willing suspension of disbelief' :wink:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think oxford are still in the cup,not sure about northampton,so they will be one more match knackered than we will be.this is a very welcome break

Nov 6, 2010
Northampton, Oxford, Portsmouth and Accrington are all still in the cup (the latter two play each other). If Northampton win, our home game against them on 9 Jan will have to be moved.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We'll have another two week break in early January because Northampton will be playing in the FA Cup third round on 9 January if they beat non-league Northwich this Saturday.

Edit. Oops didn't see the above post.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
In which case would there not be a possibility that the match could be just pushed forward 4 days to Tuesday 12th?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ray_Stidwell":kobv5b4j said:
In which case would there not be a possibility that the match could be just pushed forward 4 days to Tuesday 12th?
Probably what will happen RS -but a spring evening would be better. If the two teams are still at the top then it will draw more people on a warm, spring evening. Nothing like the evening atmosphere at HP when you get to the ground when it is still daylight, before the lights take over an hour later.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Good thinking MM; I was fancying, on the other hand, a bouyant but knackered Cobblers returning from a feisty draw at St James' Park (that's St, not Sid!) with their limbs aching & minds on the replay!