PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We got out of jail with this one.

We were poor throughout the game and Dagenham deserved to win, the sad thing is they were not that good but still better than us.
However if we are to get promoted we need results like this where a point is more important than the performance.

The cold windy conditions didn't help the flow of the game, Dagenham are another team who have done their research and closed us down and hassled, letting our two centre backs have the ball and like in recent games we just couldn't cope.
Even with Carey in the team we lack creativity to respond to the closing down tactics.

Walton made a number of good saves to earn us the point but his kicking usually hits a linesman. Croll was out of his depth and struggled, his weak challenge led to Dagenham's goal.
Nelson virtually held the team together on his own as pass after pass missed the target and rolled out for a throw-in. We looked really short on confidence.

Carey went off injured for the second half so Tanner moved into his role and Brunt played up front with Jervis on the right wing. McHugh had yet another new partner in midfield with Purrington surprisingly joining him for the second half.

The changes didn't make any difference, it was sad and frustrating to see our team struggle like this after dominating League Two.

With just seconds left a long ball up front found Brunt and from 20 yards he smashed the ball into the roof of the net.
The mood amongst the fans totally changed, we didn't deserve it but who cares, important points like this pave the way to promotion.

Wylde's early season form has disappeared, Jervis hardly touched the ball, Brunt made more of an effort when he came on compared to the powder puff attack during the first half.

The team were poor but they didn't give up. For 92 minutes we struggled, for 1 minute we were world beaters!

Man of the match. Nelson. Well played.

Walton 6, Mellor 5, Nelson 8, Croll 4, Sawyer 6, McHugh 6, Simpson 5, Carey 5, Tanner 6, Wylde 5, Jervis 4. Subs Purrington 5, Brunt 7, Harvey n/a.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Croll should be embarrassed that Jamie Cureton - 20 years his senior - ran him ragged all game.

This was an awful performance, saved by the first real shot on goal we had taking a big deflection.

You have to hand it to Brunt - not an amazing player, but he's relentlessly positive and a proper tryer who won it for us at Luton and saved us a point there that we definitely didn't deserve.

It was as flat, lifeless and uninspiring a performance as you're likely to see. We need a two week break now, we need a striker, and we need a plan B for when Plan A has clearly been neutralised.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The break has come at a good time for us as we look tired and lacking a cutting edge.
Need the heart of the team back and quickly.

4 wins in December will put us back on course again :scarf:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
With a make shift defence, a make shift mid-field and make shift attack, cobbled together from a small squad and loanees, a point earned. Time to take stock when our squad is back together again. A fortnight to repair damaged bodies.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
1) Awful performance. Dagenham were good and deserved to beat us.

2) Send Croll back please, I don't care if it sounds harsh, he's nowhere near good enough.

3) Ryan Brunt. What a goal.

4) Wylde was truly awful as well. So so frustrating. There's a player in there somewhere...

5) Carey's worst game for Argyle before his injury, very wasteful.

6) 2 week break couldn't come at a better time.

Walton 8 MOTM, Mellor 4, Nelson 7, Croll 1 (he was genuinely that bad), Sawyer 5, McHugh 5, Simpson 5, Tanner 4, Carey 3, Wylde 2, Jervis 3. Subs: Brunt 6 (wasn't that good before the goal), Purrington 6, Harvey 4.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Agreed re Croll. Awful, lackadaisical, weak, wasteful with possession. Bentley can't be worse surely??

Jul 7, 2006
justanotherfan":2kfhggl1 said:
With a make shift defence, a make shift mid-field and make shift attack, cobbled together from a small squad and loanees, a point earned. Time to take stock when our squad is back together again. A fortnight to repair damaged bodies.

I think you are making excuses where there are none to be made.
Yes, injuries can make a difference but in every game from the Carlisle FA Cup onward we have failed to compete as a team. In short we appear to have lost the plot. Unless a solution is found soon it is potentially a serious blow to our promotion hopes.
As yet the Manager has failed dismally to address the problem. Team appears to lack cohesion, drive and confidence.

suggest we change our name to Plymouth Hoofball. We barely strung two passes together second half.

Eventful game for me. I had to sit in the Daggers supporters stand. After ten minutes an elderly guy next to me accused me of being an Argyle fan, which I freely admitted. After a few minutes growing anger from him , and absolute politeness from me during when I told him not to be silly, which wound him up even further, he went off to summon the stewards. They duly arrived, saw that I was not not a young troublemaker (actually 69), had a good laugh with me and went off. Elderly gent failed to return.

Left one minute early and missed the goal!

Sep 23, 2005
narrowboat":1xlxohr1 said:
justanotherfan":1xlxohr1 said:

I think you are making excuses where there are none to be made.
Yes, injuries can make a difference but in every game from the Carlisle FA Cup onward we have failed to compete as a team. In short we appear to have lost the plot. Unless a solution is found soon it is potentially a serious blow to our promotion hopes.
As yet the Manager has failed dismally to address the problem. Team appears to lack cohesion, drive and confidence.

Oh come on, in an already small squad we have had a third missing and all key players. Any manager would struggle with that scenario.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
mervyn":zjwmx89a said:
suggest we change our name to Plymouth Hoofball. We barely strung two passes together second half.

Eventful game for me. I had to sit in the Daggers supporters stand. After ten minutes an elderly guy next to me accused me of being an Argyle fan, which I freely admitted. After a few minutes growing anger from him , and absolute politeness from me during when I told him not to be silly, which wound him up even further, he went off to summon the stewards. They duly arrived, saw that I was not not a young troublemaker (actually 69), had a good laugh with me and went off. Elderly gent failed to return.

No offence, but how old was the "elderly" gentlemen just asking based on your age. :)

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Terrible match!
We were bad but their goal seemed to wake us up bit. Nelson mom for me. Brunt made a difference. Injected a bit of energy up front and put himself about. Great goal helped by a slight deflection. He did what we'd failed to do in the previous 92 minutes - take a shot when having a sight on goal.
Thank God we've got a break now...

cheshiregreen":1yb8xhaa said:
mervyn":1yb8xhaa said:

No offence, but how old was the "elderly" gentlemen just asking based on your age. :)

Actually, on reflection, he was a bit younger than me, but acted like a boring old fart.

Apr 15, 2008
London
We were terrible today - almost every pass and header went awry. Truly appalling and the scoreline flatters us. Having said that, could be an important point for us - let's take the 2 weeks off, regroup and recover.