Our injury list. (Not Good news) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our injury list. (Not Good news)

Feb 23, 2008
Anyone know whether Ross County used to get major problems with injuries when DA was in charge up there?

Only asking as I remember him coming across as a hard man to please in pre-season regarding fitness etc.

I know we have a small squad but I just wonder if he is driving them a bit too hard and not resting key players for not so important games such as the JPT etc.

Either that or teams have just learnt if they pressure us, stay compact and kick us now and again we'll struggle?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1

Derek Adams has said Graham Carey (knee) and Josh Simpson (groin) were both taken off at HT because of injuries. That's a worry

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
chunkymonkey78":25hd10tj said:
Anyone know whether Ross County used to get major problems with injuries when DA was in charge up there?

Only asking as I remember him coming across as a hard man to please in pre-season regarding fitness etc.

I know we have a small squad but I just wonder if he is driving them a bit too hard and not resting key players for not so important games such as the JPT etc.

Either that or teams have just learnt if they pressure us, stay compact and kick us now and again we'll struggle?

Yes, but those teams, just like Leicester in the first half, have the capacity to nevertheless score on the break. I am disappointed to hear that Crol was weak today. I thought he was quite satisfactory against Exeter, who on paper are much the better team that THe Daggers.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Problem is i think everyone thinks once we have players back from Injury everything will click back in to place and it will be back to business as usual

With the injuries weve had, it will take several weeks to get them playing 100% in full competitive games, especially Reid who takes a while to bed back in

Lets hope this happens pretty quickly as we cant afford many more performances like weve had in recent weeks and expect to be still up there come May

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
hoovermelon":1k39x9av said:
Problem is i think everyone thinks once we have players back from Injury everything will click back in to place and it will be back to business as usual

With the injuries weve had, it will take several weeks to get them playing 100% in full competitive games, especially Reid who takes a while to bed back in

Lets hope this happens pretty quickly as we cant afford many more performances like weve had in recent weeks and expect to be still up there come May

Disagree, Reubs started the season not quite 100% and it got to the stage where he needed a couple of games out to recover. He scored upon his return and notched 5 in 7 games. Wylde started the season with 2 goals in 2 games and a break may help him. Boateng was immediately impressive at Wombles away. This team had 4 wins in its opening 5 games. It didn't take them long to settle, when they were fit they were firing.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ottawa Green":11vnqmqd said:

Derek Adams has said Graham Carey (knee) and Josh Simpson (groin) were both taken off at HT because of injuries. That's a worry

We seem to be a little short of cover in midfield now with Cox being released on loan, but, we have a break now so hopefully Threlkeld will be available as well as Simpson and Carey for Cambridge.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
cheshiregreen":tpl2fezs said:
Ottawa Green":tpl2fezs said:

We seem to be a little short of cover in midfield now with Cox being released on loan, but, we have a break now so hopefully Threlkeld will be available as well as Simpson and Carey for Cambridge.

With Carey back first, Boateng second, Simpson third and Threlkeld fourth.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":2otzbe5p said:
cheshiregreen":2otzbe5p said:
Ottawa Green":2otzbe5p said:

Threlkeld was fit enough for the bench today.

Sep 25, 2010
I think we are missing Boateng badly, thought he was one of the main players toour good start.

We don't seem to be 'playing', without him

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":9c2eg6bt said:
Quintrell_Green":9c2eg6bt said:
cheshiregreen":9c2eg6bt said:
Ottawa Green":9c2eg6bt said:

Threlkeld was fit enough for the bench today.

But not fit enough to replace Simpson.

C

Cobi Budge.

Not 100% or anything but from what I've heard Luke, Hartley & Threlkeld could/should all be back for the Cambridge game. Boateng & Reid unlikely.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cobi Budge.":2b03n504 said:
Not 100% or anything but from what I've heard Luke, Hartley & Threlkeld could/should all be back for the Cambridge game. Boateng & Reid unlikely.
Rumours/conjecture?

C

Cobi Budge.

Just what someone's told me who usually seems to be correct about these sorts of things. But as I said, don't take my word for it.

M

mikedjoker

The amount of injuries we have is obviously of great concern. As already mentioned several times being out of the cup is a blessing in disguise.

Why are we getting so many injuries.

1- Training is harder
2- The amount of games- with a small squad players aren't getting a rest.
3- Because we are up the top. Teams are going in harder especially against out best players.
4- Some other reason.