Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's hard to believe we haven't been awarded one single penalty this season and even more amazing is that we've reached the top of League Two (again) despite this handicap.

Our promotion rivals :) enjoy having penalties, namely Oxford with seven and Northampton and Portsmouth with two apiece.

The only other team without a penalty being awarded is Dagenham, so the top and bottom teams in League Two haven't had a penalty this season.

C

Cobi Budge.

Jervis should have had 3, all at Home Park.

Brunt should have had one at Northampton and there was a clear handball late in the game at Mansfield.

I'm sure there are a few others as well that I'm forgetting.

But hey ho, we are top and we haven't needed a single spot kick :thumbup:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Think we have our first one of the season lined up for 89th minute on April 16th to take all three points. :)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
cheshiregreen":3ccdj58o said:
Think we have our first one of the season lined up for 89th minute on April 16th to take all three points. :)

You really think they'll give Away a goal in the last minute of the match? I heard of in those parts surely.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I understand that we have a football analyst - Matt Neil.

I am wondering if he records all penalties taken by our opponents. I know that C5's Football League Tonight is not well respected on here but it occurs to me that, every week, they will show all the penalties taken in League 2 and that, if he were able to give a portfolio of DVD evidence to Luke showing where penalties are placed, he would have an idea of which side to favour if the same player normally takes penalties.

We need to utilise all information available to outthink our opponents and, listening to Luke at Senior Greens, I am not sure that this information is provided for him.

davie nine":2afjezrp said:

I am wondering if he records all penalties taken by our opponents. I know that C5's Football League Tonight is not well respected on here but it occurs to me that, every week, they will show all the penalties taken in League 2 and that, if he were able to give a portfolio of DVD evidence to Luke showing where penalties are placed, he would have an idea of which side to favour if the same player normally takes penalties.

We need to utilise all information available to outthink our opponents and, listening to Luke at Senior Greens, I am not sure that this information is provided for him.

I would be very disappointed if this analysis doesn't already happen, particularly under DA, who is renowned for his attention to detail.

Jan 4, 2006
St Austell
I was the person who asked Luke about this at Senior Greens. Obviously, people hear different things. What he said in reply was that their analyst, Matt Neil, provides him with all the data about the forthcoming opposition's regular penalty takers, trawling through every video clip that is on the web. Also, whether the pens were "pressure" ones, e.g. in the last minute. He said that ultimately it's down to him trying to read the thoughts of the taker. He agreed it hadn't helped so far this season, as we saw yesterday.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It's a funny old game eh Saint?

Last year there was much bitching because we were getting too many penalties.

Jun 8, 2014
davie nine":19by2mqf said:

Luckily for him I imagine he'll get full footage of the game, and he doesn't have to watch C5's football highlights for his weekly wage.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Even C5 would struggle not to get their cameras adjusted in time to record penalties.

Returning to Chris Dart's understanding of Luke's reply, if I heard it wrongly and he does research upcoming penalty takers that's good. I do recall that he referred to Matt Neil 'trawling through video clips' and also mentioning National League South but I thought that Luke's response was that he did not particularly research penalties taken by forthcoming opponents. As Chris says we all hear things differently and I also accept 'mervyn's' comment about DA's attention to detail.

However, it was a very perceptive question to be put to a goalkeeper and, hopefully, it gave Luke something to think about.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
It will be like waiting for a bus when we get one we will probably get loads more. law of averages and such like, :thumbup: