A player like o toole | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A player like o toole

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
C

Cult Of Personality

Always been a fan of his and its what we are lacking in the midfield. Someone with a bit of edge and nasty streak who puts a foot in. McHugh great player but maybe lack the dirty side you need to win

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Cult Of Personality":gbctv9db said:
Always been a fan of his and its what we are lacking in the midfield. Someone with a bit of edge and nasty streak who puts a foot in. McHugh great player but maybe lack the dirty side you need to win
That's what Alan Smith can do ;)

Mar 18, 2006
meetoo":1uayy5hb said:
Cult Of Personality":1uayy5hb said:

Agreed, albeit that I have no idea why it took the ref until O'Toole's 57th foul of the evening before giving him a yellow card !

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Broc's Pilgrimage":wvupfu0e said:
He bossed entire game.

He did allright last night, but I can recall him playing for Bristol Rovers when he was really mediocre and an idiot on the field. What he would have been like should Northampton been 2-nil down, I hate to think.

Oct 14, 2015
O'Toole can play a bit but his temperament is suspect and can be a bit of a tool at times. If I remember right Northampton originally got rid of him because of his attitude but it seems he may have grown up and actually realised he can play a bit...Would I want him at PAFC ? Not sure....be interesting to see what he is like when the going gets tough for Northampton before committing myself to having him, should he become available. Maybe one to upset a dressing room...

B

BigNose

O'Toole by name, tool by nature eh?! hehe!!

John-Joe is on course to be our player of the season this season; he is miles ahead in the voting so far as he has been so consistent and played a lot more matches than Ricky Holmes for example.
Last season when JJ had first signed on a 3 year contract he didn't look fit to me and he just couldn't get around the pitch to affect the game at all. He still had the undoubted technical ability, but looked like a player in his mid 30's who just couldn't run around enough to play a big part in games, and hence was dropped. He was loaned to Southend (And played against us!) and transfer listed and then worked his socks off over last summer to get fitter and has come back a totally different player this season.

He doesn't seem to have any weakness as a midfielder now; seems a perfect balance of grit and steel and "nastiness" as you say, and skill and running and heading.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
BigNose":1yxzata1 said:
O'Toole by name, tool by nature eh?! hehe!!

John-Joe is on course to be our player of the season this season; he is miles ahead in the voting so far as he has been so consistent and played a lot more matches than Ricky Holmes for example.
Last season when JJ had first signed on a 3 year contract he didn't look fit to me and he just couldn't get around the pitch to affect the game at all. He still had the undoubted technical ability, but looked like a player in his mid 30's who just couldn't run around enough to play a big part in games, and hence was dropped. He was loaned to Southend (And played against us!) and transfer listed and then worked his socks off over last summer to get fitter and has come back a totally different player this season.

He doesn't seem to have any weakness as a midfielder now; seems a perfect balance of grit and steel and "nastiness" as you say, and skill and running and heading.

You make him sound like Sunderland's Cattermole, but that's not how I read him.

C

Cobi Budge.

meetoo":284ukx03 said:
Cult Of Personality":284ukx03 said:

Until half time...

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Thought he was the best player on the pitch last night and bossed the midfield.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
That's why Boateng is a big miss, his early season form meant we had a real physical presence in midfield.I think he would have made a difference last night and been a match for O'Toole..