Barnet away tickets | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Barnet away tickets

Sep 13, 2003
I wouldn't panick....game is on a Tuesday night and Barnet have space for up to 1600 in the away end if needs be.

Just a reminder that Barnet no longer play at Underhill (or the borough of Barnet for that matter!)...they play at the Hive which is inbetween Canons Park and Queensbury stations. From local knowledge there isn't many pubs in the area...better to stop off somewhere on the jubilee line on the way.

May 8, 2011
If we are still going well I think we could sell out this game as it will attract those who like to see Argyle play at new grounds plus the exiles in London and the South East.

Sep 13, 2003
HC Green":1hcch6ja said:
If we are still going well I think we could sell out this game as it will attract those who like to see Argyle play at new grounds plus the exiles in London and the South East.

The fundamental reason it won't sell out is that the last train back to the deep Westcountry from Paddington is around 8:30pm. Even all the panicking about Wycombe away playoff tickets, pretty much everyone who wanted to go got a ticket in the end. The London exiles usually turn out to watch Argyle regardless of league position so I can't see a reason to be buying tickets direct from Barnet. We are more likely to sell out the Crawley allocation than get anywhere near selling 1600 tickets for a midweek away game which is closer to Watford than central London.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Clarke_B":2i028uim said:
HC Green":2i028uim said:

The fundamental reason it won't sell out is that the last train back to the deep Westcountry from Paddington is around 8:30pm. Even all the panicking about Wycombe away playoff tickets, pretty much everyone who wanted to go got a ticket in the end. The London exiles usually turn out to watch Argyle regardless of league position so I can't see a reason to be buying tickets direct from Barnet. We are more likely to sell out the Crawley allocation than get anywhere near selling 1600 tickets for a midweek away game which is closer to Watford than central London.

Not true! The last train back is at 23:45 it's the sleeper service but you don't have to have a sleeper berth, you do have to have a seat reservation though, this train will go all the way down to Penzance.

FWIW I don't think it will sell out either but we should have a 1,000+ there.

May 8, 2011
We had nearly a thousand at Oxford on a Tuesday night, so hopefully with promotion a bit nearer and Barnet's ground being more accessible to those living in London, I would think 1600 isn't that many.

Sep 13, 2003
Moleman":l5q5vlwi said:
Clarke_B":l5q5vlwi said:
HC Green":l5q5vlwi said:

Not true! The last train back is at 23:45 it's the sleeper service but you don't have to have a sleeper berth, you do have to have a seat reservation though, this train will go all the way down to Penzance.

Fair enough. Done the sleeper train once before...it was really slow though. I dread to think how long it would take to get to Penzance!

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Clarke_B":2nvvzj5p said:
Moleman":2nvvzj5p said:
Clarke_B":2nvvzj5p said:
HC Green":2nvvzj5p said:

Fair enough. Done the sleeper train once before...it was really slow though. I dread to think how long it would take to get to Penzance!

No need to think..... 8hrs 8 minutes.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Never known the home team sell the away teams tickets before (other than on the gate of course)

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Back when Barnet played at Underhill myself and one of my mates decided we would go to Barnet on a Tuesday night. Left St Austell first thing and arrived in London by 1ish. Somehow managed the two tube trains to high Barnet and sat in a pub by 2. Not even old enough to drink. Darren Currie scored Barnets winner in a 1v0 win. Then the trip home. Tube train broke down on the way back to Paddington. Then the over night sleeper back home. 24 hour trip for a 1v0 defeat. Just lovely. P.s.that train home felt like it took a week. Stopping an hour at Reading Bristol Exeter Plymouth and so on.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Surely the home team shouldn't sell away tickets - especially for a game that may attract strong interest.

Argyle i'm sure would want to sell to priority members - green, white, general etc.