The disgraceful state of the ground | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The disgraceful state of the ground

B

bigbury bill

Before the Stevenage game I spent a good hour looking around the ground and noticed the rusty stanchions outside the Devonport end not to mention the rotting, weed covered mess in 'Bobby's garden'.
Furthermore the supporters bricks are now crumbling and decayed !? I understand that people paid good money to have them laid with their names written on them, some I might add in memoriam.
It just seems that the upkeep of the ground has completely been ignored since the horseshoe was built, even the facade had to be restored by unpaid volunteers funded by the GT's.
Who is responsible for the maintenance of the stadium, I trust it is James Brent!!? and what are the trust doing to remind him of his responsibilities. ??!!

C

Cobi Budge.

We must be doing well on the pitch when all people have to moan about is a few weeds around the stadium.

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
Cobi Budge.":2o96ptkp said:
We must be doing well on the pitch when all people have to moan about is a few weeds around the stadium.
Perhaps Sir you are too young to remember the importance of the Supporters Bricks and the positive "noise" this project was met with when they were laid. Many long time supporters paid good money for these ( and as stated many contain messages in memorium) in the good faith that the least any future custodian of the Club could do would be to keep them in a good condition.
Personally Irrespect of what has gone behind the scenes I feel badly let down by the condition of the wall and I am sure many other supporters feel the same

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
PAFC94":1tw2umog said:
Moan moan moan moan moan.

Cobi Budge.":1tw2umog said:

Overlooked what the garden and bricks mean to some supporters? Unfortunately, I think there was only a similar thread a few months ago about this, where I thought somebody from the club responded to an email to say it would be sorted.

C

Cobi Budge.

Not overlooking it in the slightest, I have a brick in the wall myself & would love for it to look what it once did. Simply saying if this is the only stick we have to beat the club with then things must be going well.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge.":1ls2ol2h said:
Not overlooking it in the slightest, I have a brick in the wall myself & would love for it to look what it once did. Simply saying if this is the only stick we have to beat the club with then things must be going well.

All in all it's just a .... :whistle:

Oct 31, 2015
Being a Devonport ender you do notice the state of the bricks and also the turnstyle doors and frames are corroding as well and could do with stripping back and re painting.

The horse shoes needs to be maintained to keep it looking good.

Apr 22, 2013
Best thing to do is email the club secretary, (Jon) and CEO (Martyn) . If it can be sorted out without too much expense they will arrange for it to be done. Far more effective than moaning on here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
OR we can do what most lower league clubs do, and that is volunteer to help the club maintain the grounds.

I know some people will say 'why can't the club pay' - well it's quite simple, we all know that the club can only spend what it earns, and I'd much rather (and I'm sure many like minded people feel the same way) that the club concentrates on paying for the football stuff.

A thought perhaps?

I'd volunteer to have a crack at the bricks for example, I hate the way they are looking but I do realise that there's not enough hours in the day for the stadium workforce to prioritise that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's two.

I reckon about ten of us could hammer that in four hours.

Who else?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Re the bricks...you have to be very very careful when cleaning the bricks as they are very fragile. A few years ago when we held the vigil at Argyle a few of us started cleaning them,and you have to take the utmost care.