Ref (Phil Gibbs) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ref (Phil Gibbs)

H

home@homepark

simply abysmal worst I seen in 40 years watching football this guy is going to incite someone in the crowd so bad

Nov 4, 2012
Ainsworth and Wycombe need to take some of the blame. Disgrace to football. That said we've been sh!t.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It always seems churlish to criticise officials after a game we have lost BUT I do think that today's red was the worst I have seen in 22 years watching Argyle at Home Park. He simply didn't notice most of what was going on around him

Aug 11, 2013
Thought he did OK. Very difficult game to referee. Overruled the fourth official on his first half injury time. Got a few things wrong but certainly not the worst I've seen.

If you wanna talk about poor performances it's an unmarked professional footballer on the six yard line with time to smash the ball home who scuffs a side footed shot weakly towards goal ..... or with only an injured goalie lying prostrate on the floor and the professional footballer miskicks it wide when easier to score. That's a poor performance.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":1z6azcvd said:
Thought he did OK. Very difficult game to referee. Overruled the fourth official on his first half injury time. Got a few things wrong but certainly not the worst I've seen.

If you wanna talk about poor performances it's an unmarked professional footballer on the six yard line with time to smash the ball home who scuffs a side footed shot weakly towards goal ..... or with only an injured goalie lying prostrate on the floor and the professional footballer miskicks it wide when easier to score. That's a poor performance.
Pretty much how I saw, though would add our continued inability to defend a corner. This team needs to man up.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
What was going on with the Lyndhurst lino? The last ten Mia he was running the line about a foot over the line.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
GreenThing":2jnesa1q said:
What was going on with the Lyndhurst lino? The last ten Mia he was running the line about a foot over the line.

He also kept yawning at the crowd. Perhaps if he had paid more attention to the game, rather than playing up to the fans, his decision making might have been a little better!

Apr 8, 2014
arrythewurzel":1sit537h said:

I can only presume you are on a wind up? Yes we were poor but the ref was incredible. I'm not sure he over ruled the fourth official anymore than a simple mistake on the board or at worse it was miscommunication as it's the ref who signals to the fourth official the amount of injury time so he couldn't even get that right..

In all my years of following Argyle home and away and I've not missed many since 2001, I was even at Oldham in 2004 with that cheating mam Mark Cowburn :furious: but this guy today takes it and on that day in April I never EVER thought I'd be saying that.

Aug 11, 2013
shortbred":3mypf7h6 said:
arrythewurzel":3mypf7h6 said:

I can only presume you are on a wind up? Yes we were poor but the ref was incredible. I'm not sure he over ruled the fourth official anymore than a simple mistake on the board or at worse it was miscommunication as it's the ref who signals to the fourth official the amount of injury time so he couldn't even get that right..

In all my years of following Argyle home and away and I've not missed many since 2001, I was even at Oldham in 2004 with that cheating mam Mark Cowburn :furious: but this guy today takes it and on that day in April I never EVER thought I'd be saying that.

I think a frustrating cheat laden performance from the opposition coupled with a bad performance from us is clouding people's judgments.

We didn't seriously test their keeper in 100 mins of football.

The ref didn't cost us the game in any shape or form. I could accept it if he gave a wrong decision that cost us the game but he hasn't. There were no referee game changing decisions that have cost us. We were poor today ... No ifs no buts. We were poor ... That has cost us not the refereeing performance.

Apr 8, 2014
arrythewurzel":wxl9htl4 said:
shortbred":wxl9htl4 said:
arrythewurzel":wxl9htl4 said:

I think a frustrating cheat laden performance from the opposition coupled with a bad performance from us is clouding people's judgments.

The ref didn't cost us the game in any shape or form. I could accept it if he gave a wrong decision that cost us the game but he hasn't. There were no referee game changing decisions that have cost us. We were poor today ... No ifs no buts. We were poor ... That has cost us not the refereeing performance.

So you're telling me their goal wasn't a foul?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
arrythewurzel":1yjigari said:
shortbred":1yjigari said:
arrythewurzel":1yjigari said:

How about the stonewall penalty just before half time which would've been a red too? Unless of course hauling a player to the floor by his shirt is a legitimate means of stopping an attack inside the box. To be fair to the ref he gave a free kick every time the same thing happened outside the box

Aug 11, 2013
shortbred":29n5zu8o said:
arrythewurzel":29n5zu8o said:
shortbred":29n5zu8o said:
arrythewurzel":29n5zu8o said:

So you're telling me their goal wasn't a foul?

Hard to see in Lyndhurst. Looked like a huge scramble. No one around me was questioning the goal .... only blaming Jervis for missing an easy clearance from the scuffed corner in first place.

If your a serious promotion team you should be capable of scoring a couple against a 46 year old reserve keeper .. It's then forgotten ...

Time to move on ..

Apr 29, 2015
Lindy lino was again awful - always likes to play with his bum when he comes down to HP and mouth shut up to the crowd. Ref missed a penalty, corner, and foul on Luke. Also liked to play advantage for us - when there was no advantage but blew up for free kicks for the cheats