Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update

C

Cobi Budge.

The incident at full time had little/nothing nothing to do with us, it was clearly started by Ainsworth & Hayes.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
There was a dust up in the tunnel and I doubt the Wycombe players would be laying into each other. Best to hold our hands up, allow the FA to judge mitigation and get on. I don't think this is something they dock points for!

C

Cobi Budge.

Ade the green":2q10z1z8 said:
There was a dust up in the tunnel and I doubt the Wycombe players would be laying into each other. Best to hold our hands up, allow the FA to judge mitigation and get on. I don't think this is something they dock points for!

Let's hope there was a 'dust up', and let's hope a few of the Wycombe lads were 'dusted'.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Meanwhile the referee probably doesn't even begin to think it was HIS total ineptitude that caused the problem.

In a nutshell, they score in 4th, Anus gets a message out to his team, waste as much time as you can for the next 86, the ref continues time and time again to do just that, and wonders why tempers frayed.

My God the FA are as dim-witted as that idiot they put in charge.

C

Cobi Budge.

Neither club should be charged, the man in the middle should be however.

But do ref's ever get charged? The more incompetent they are, the more the FA rush to defend them.

What is the point in having a referees assessor?

The ref was incompetent, Wycombe took advantage of that, therefore he was responsible for the destruction of the game. Simple.

Unfortunately, the more incompetent a referee is, the more inclined the FA will be to protect him, meaning the worst ref's are never punished.

Oct 14, 2015
It'll be a fine of some amount I imagine, our record is very good as can't remember last time we were in the dock. No way FA will even consider its the refs fault, regardless of how crap he was players still have a degree of responsibility to behave accordingly albeit in the face of severe provocation from your opponents.

The day the ref gets blamed by the FA for the behaviour of players is the day the floodgates will open up and every club charged will naturally blame the ref.

We know he was incompetent but it's the FA who need to know it, that said imagine Wycombe probably thought he was ok....

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Welwyn Pilgrim":wdx96cax said:
It'll be a fine of some amount I imagine, our record is very good as can't remember last time we were in the dock. No way FA will even consider its the refs fault, regardless of how crap he was players still have a degree of responsibility to behave accordingly albeit in the face of severe provocation from your opponents.

The day the ref gets blamed by the FA for the behaviour of players is the day the floodgates will open up and every club charged will naturally blame the ref.

We know he was incompetent but it's the FA who need to know it, that said imagine Wycombe probably thought he was ok....

On the same page ( see OP link ) details are given of Gillingham and Millwalls fines for similar offences, £ 4000 /2750 respectively.
So not too much of a bother hopefully.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I just hope Argyle will submit a video of the game from the kick off, to leading off the field at the end, to demonstrate the catalyst for the bad feeling that was generated. Wycombe will not have that facility. As the ref and linos were parked in the centre circle for ages, the only witness for the FA/ League will be the Fourth Official and his eyes will not be everywhere.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bermudian Green":27wd4hp4 said:
They only get one day to respond?

What happened in the 41st minute?

Going from memory, Carl McHugh was caught and in turn was late into a challenge with Bean (I think), Hayes came charging in from about 20 yards away which in turn led to both teams pushing and shoving with by far the most aggressive being Paul Hayes.

I don't know what happened when Hayes was here briefly on loan but I have never, ever seen any other player show so much aggression towards us a club since he left. His outward joy when he has managed to s ore against us is so far out of proportion that I wonder if the poor lamb was bullied by WottonAdams perhaps. I'd say his reaction makes Ashley Barnes' goal celebration seem demure and always has an element of up yours to it. Bearing in mind we were his route back into playing after a nasty injury he ought to have shown some restraint.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ade the green":2nlbx5n7 said:
Bermudian Green":2nlbx5n7 said:
They only get one day to respond?

What happened in the 41st minute?

Going from memory, Carl McHugh was caught and in turn was late into a challenge with Bean (I think), Hayes came charging in from about 20 yards away which in turn led to both teams pushing and shoving with by far the most aggressive being Paul Hayes.

I don't know what happened when Hayes was here briefly on loan but I have never, ever seen any other player show so much aggression towards us a club since he left. His outward joy when he has managed to s ore against us is so far out of proportion that I wonder if the poor lamb was bullied by WottonAdams perhaps. I'd say his reaction makes Ashley Barnes' goal celebration seem demure and always has an element of up yours to it. Bearing in mind we were his route back into playing after a nasty injury he ought to have shown some restraint.

I think it was Tanner (possibly Wylde) who was caught and the ref blew but McHugh was already committed to a sliding tackle on Cowan-Hall (?). McHugh was rightly booked for the challenge. Hayes was booked for his part in the fracas afterwards. The ref could have booked a few others. If McHugh had fallen over as soon as Hayes arrived - Hayes would probably have seen red.

C

Cobi Budge.

Hayes either has serious anger management issues or he's just a pr*ck, can't decide which one.