Online ticket service next time........... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Online ticket service next time...........

Oct 6, 2013
An extract from my mobile phone bill for January.
On hold to the Argyle box office for Rovers tickets, £19.47 - however Simpson's goal was worth every penny!!

:shock: :scarf:

04 Jan 16
10:04
Service
This call includes an access charge of 45p per minute.
49m 43s
£19.473

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Yeah I had the same when I phoned up to get JPT tickets and then got my phone bill to see it was about £14! Never again, Internet or in person. Just glad I'm a season ticket holder so don't have to worry unless it's a cup game.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Credit to both of you for being so reasonable but I just see this as yet another example of the way football, or businesses that hang on to football, fleece supporters for thousands of pounds. Multiply these two examples by thousands of supporters every month and some parasite organisation is making hundreds of thousands. How can it be right that it costs £19 to get a £20 ticket?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
memory man":312n2bjz said:
Credit to both of you for being so reasonable but I just see this as yet another example of the way football, or businesses that hang on to football, fleece supporters for thousands of pounds. Multiply these two examples by thousands of supporters every month and some parasite organisation is making hundreds of thousands. How can it be right that it costs £19 to get a £20 ticket?

Is it Ticketmaster or Ticketek that is the offending article at Home Park?

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
It's needless too, but I suspect given the sheer volume of day-to-day work at Argyle, it's difficult to have all customer facing elements covered at all times, especially when some elements are constantly changing (call changes from MNOs changed last year for 0800 numbers, for example).

That said, this is quite simple for the club to resolve from a Telecoms' services perspective.

There are many options, but certain ranges will ensure that if you call from a mobile, it comes out of your monthly "bundle".

Apr 6, 2009
When the rod Stewart gig was announced I phoned the ticket office for argyle tickets and had 4 minutes wasted listening to a message that you couldn't get rod Stewart tickets on this line and how to get them. Then I finally got connected to the queue!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Aerok":awgojvml said:
It's needless too, but I suspect given the sheer volume of day-to-day work at Argyle, it's difficult to have all customer facing elements covered at all times, especially when some elements are constantly changing (call changes from MNOs changed last year for 0800 numbers, for example).

That said, this is quite simple for the club to resolve from a Telecoms' services perspective.

There are many options, but certain ranges will ensure that if you call from a mobile, it comes out of your monthly "bundle".

Agreed. It's not hard to get a business number with low, or no rates.

The thing that disgruntled me is the lack of a warning message that you'll be charged on the automated script. Cost me a good £14 on my contract because I was too half asleep at 9am to spot the number was 0845.

The irony was I the £14 cost was while buying my half season membership. So I save £40 with the membership, los £14 to the call. If I for some reason have to miss a game between now and the end of the season, i've made a saving of next to nothing.

Sep 13, 2003
There is an app which converts national rate numbers into local rate. It's called WeQ4U. It's available on android, no idea about Apple phones.

Apr 15, 2015
Any 08 number normally piggybacks on a standard geographic number. www.saynoto0870.com is a good source for finding alternatives- not looked for the Argyle ticket office though as I tend to go online or in person.

Has saved me a fortune with utility companies and Churchill insurance!

Jul 12, 2004
For those not aware. Barnet tickets can now be obtained on line. Thought it was expensive until I saw the over 64 option. Seemed a random age to me.

March 1st will get me back to all 92 current grounds again.