My away day hoo-doo | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

My away day hoo-doo

Mar 14, 2009
So with another away trip approaching l was wondering if someone has a worst record than myself when watching Argyle away from home.

My last away game was Oxford. Another defeat albeit against a decent side. However, whenever l go off to watch Argyle away from home over the past years it normally ends in defeat. If l am lucky there may be the odd draw to celebrate.

However, l am hoping tomorrow brings my first win on the road for some time. This run of mine stretches back to before the Sturrock era mark I. I remember when we played Bristol City away for a top of the league clash in league 1. If we drew we were virtually promoted that night. Another defeat.

Now I've seen the weather report the luck is kicking in once more it seems :lol: Anyone else had as much bad luck watching Argyle on their travels?

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
My first away game for ages and looking forward to it, I have had a bit more luck than you and after reading yours am hoping you change your mind! :greensmile:

Mar 14, 2009
Bubba":2vnqhyqy said:
My first away game for ages and looking forward to it, I have had a bit more luck than you and after reading yours am hoping you change your mind! :greensmile:

What, and miss this wind and rain, no chance :D

Wembley was of course my best away win as with most others.

Yet any promotion or relegation battle has been at best a draw. Just a few from my memory.

Burnley away in league one play off 0-0 1993ish

Burnley away in league one relegation battle where we only needed a draw 2-1 defeat 1997ish

Bristol City where a draw needed for promotion 2-1 defeat 2004ish

Rochdale away in the league two relegation scrap 3-0 defeat 2013ish

Other highlights include being thumped at West Brom when in the championship, Bristol Rovers away defeat two years ago (when they actually got relegated, another 2-1 defeat), an away defeat some 20 years ago to Leyton orient but a cracking 4-3 thriller and some plucky draws with Torquay.

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
Been away four times as well this season w2 d1 l1. Looking forward to Yeovil tomorrow

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm unbeaten on the road this season. Watched 8, won 6, drawn 2. :thumbs:

Feb 23, 2009
My Celtic supporting friend has seen Argyle away at least 100 times with me.He has a less than 10% winning record.Well it did start with the 4-3 defeat at Elm Park against Reading! His first game at Home Park was a 3-0 defeat to Exeter
.He still loves the Greens for obvious reasons.

C

centralgreen

It took 13 games away for me to see Argyle win. What a night it was up at Charlton the season they were relegated from the premier.

Went on to see 4 away wins and a 0 0 at Blackpool that season..

Lookin forward to Yeovil tmrrw.

Coyg

A

andyr1963

I knew I had posted on a similar thread way back when.

The last time I saw Argyle win away was 9th February 2008 :clap: Totally lost my voice that afternoon in Leicester serenading the the previous to last bloke I really hated connected to Argyle :lol:
The away game before "Hollowgate" that I saw an Argyle away victory was March 14th 1984 :shock: When again I returned without a voice this time from singing songs about Archie Gemmill and his fondness for farmyard animals. :lol:

Nearly 24 years between away wins

I claim my prize.

I think there have been four seasons where I have not managed to do an away game since '77

Do I gat a prize this time?

Edited to remove too many smilies

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Ive been to Wimbledon (0-2), Stevenage (2-1) Carlisle/Blackburn (0-2), Newport (1-2) and Bristol Rovers (1-1) so far this season. 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Only time we've ever been thrashed when ive gone to a away game was one of our last away games in the championship against Notts Forest. Oh and Torquay when we lost 3-1 was cr@p aswell