Next Saturday a doubt already?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like showers from Wednesday onwards so it might be ok but the pitch has deteriorated so much that we are rightly worried. Just a few months ago a game at Home Park was never in any danger of being called off.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Apparently it still drains well. Hope that gives us some hope.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Just back from the egg chasing, pitch in excellent condition and no signs of yesterday's deluge. The Otter ale from the barrel also I fine condition. If only served at HP would make a fortune!

C

Cobi Budge.

It won't be off, despite the rough state of our pitch the drainage is still second to none. I doubt a game will ever be called off due to a water logging.

However what it will be is an ugly game between two sides who usually like to play the ball on the deck.

I hate to say it but either we'll do a Wycombe-esc job on them or they'll do one on us, I think the first goal will decide it and win it.

I think we have to accept that our remaining home games this season aren't going to be pretty, the pitch won't improve until the summer, and we have to find ways to use the state of the pitch to our advantage rather than our detriment, even if that means sacrificing an attractive style of football.

We're going to have to 'toughen up' at home from this point on.

Jan 3, 2013
Cobi Budge.":x582xanr said:
It won't be off, despite the rough state of our pitch the drainage is still second to none. I doubt a game will ever be called off due to a water logging.

However what it will be is an ugly game between two sides who usually like to play the ball on the deck.

I hate to say it but either we'll do a Wycombe-esc job on them or they'll do one on us, I think the first goal will decide it and win it.

I think we have to accept that our remaining home games this season aren't going to be pretty, the pitch won't improve until the summer, and we have to find ways to use the state of the pitch to our advantage rather than our detriment, even if that means sacrificing an attractive style of football.

We're going to have to 'toughen up' at home from this point on.

This

Dec 2, 2005
London
meetoo":1mhybtjw said:
LostPilgrim":1mhybtjw said:
meetoo":1mhybtjw said:
Exeter Chiefs played today....!!

At Home Park?
If I have to explain the point of my comment to you then I despair :)

Don't really see the relevance of a game taking place an hour away in a sport that can be played on a lower standard of pitch has on the condition of Home Park and how it will react to the bad weather forecasted for this week.

So yes, explanation welcomed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just seen the Countryfile weather for the week, Patrick is right, there must be some doubt.

It's stinking again from Friday onwards. :facepalm:

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
In response to Lost Pilgrim

It's called irony and it relates to the debacle yesterday, which in hindsight perhaps I should have explained better. Would you like me to explain irony ;)
BTW... Forecasted is past tense. Your turn.

Sep 6, 2006
meetoo":2du7movc said:
In response to Lost Pilgrim

It's called irony and it relates to the debacle yesterday, which in hindsight perhaps I should have explained better. Would you like me to explain irony ;)
BTW... Forecasted is past tense. Your turn.

The weather is in the future but it was forecasted in the past!
Anyway wouldn't worry too much about what the forecast is for 6 days hence. They are quite accurate usually for 2 to 3 days in advance max.