Argyle Fans in Sydney | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle Fans in Sydney

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Do we have any?

Saturday marks the last game of the season for me, before I go off for a few months travelling the world.

I arrive in Sydney on Saturday 7th May, which some may know is the final day of the season. :D

If there are any members of the Green Army out in Sydney, it would be great to meet up and follow Argyle, on what will no doubt be the day we clinch the title.

Get in touch if you're in Sydney else I might be listening to Sparksy on my own!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Have a great trip Frazer.

We say the planet is shrinking but there really is a big old world out there.

Hope you have a great time!

O

ogwellmike

You'll feel at home in Sydney. There's an Argyle Cellars, an Argyle Stores, an Argyle Street and an Argyle Terrace! If somebody can tell me how to do it, I'll post photos.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Cheers for all the responses guys!

I found a number of Argyle related places last time I went Mike. In fact most of my photos featured Argyle!

Sydney is an amazing place but if we are getting promoted that day I'll be gutted to be missing it.

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
If it's the same one, lovely, tunnel like entrance before heading into a nice courtyard. Very close to the bridge - love finding a home away from home!

Traveled a bit and did Oz a couple years ago, think you'll love it mate. Have a great trip!

Jan 28, 2005
Leeder":atnirkne said:
Enjoy your trip Frazer, I'm flying out to Poland on May 8th, made sure I can make the last game of the season and that I'm back in time for the play-off final (praying that won't be necessary though, lol).

Slightly off message but in July 2014 I was in the tunnels at the Nazi Complex at Osówka, Poland, when I met a woman in an Argyle fleece. I greeted her cordially, "Green Army", but she spoke no English. Her husband did speak a little English and said that she had bought the fleece in a secondhand shop because she liked the colour.

Swillyboy":3slug1mg said:
Leeder":3slug1mg said:
Enjoy your trip Frazer, I'm flying out to Poland on May 8th, made sure I can make the last game of the season and that I'm back in time for the play-off final (praying that won't be necessary though, lol).

Slightly off message but in July 2014 I was in the tunnels at the Nazi Complex at Osówka, Poland, when I met a woman in an Argyle fleece. I greeted her cordially, "Green Army", but she spoke no English. Her husband did speak a little English and said that she had bought the fleece in a secondhand shop because she liked the colour.

Classic !!

Green Army are everywhere - even in second hand shops !!!!!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Swillyboy":2urkqj2r said:

Also off topic, but I had a similar experience before the start of last season. I was at Market Place, Heron Bay at the checkout, and the woman behind me was wearing an Argyle shirt. I also cordially greeted her with a cheery "Green Armeee" but, alas, was completely blanked.

Her son caught up with me in the car park and said that his dad was from Plymouth and gave his wife the shirt. Haven't been able to track them down since.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Also off topic, i'm in Florida, I haven't even met anyone from the UK, let alone from Plymouth :sigh: :scarf:
Not many Canadians down here either, due to the lousy CDN$. :coat: