Johnny Hore - Legend. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Johnny Hore - Legend.

Oct 5, 2013
Absolutely agree. I used to love watching him, never any cheating, just total honest endeavour, and not lacking in guile and skill either. A genuine all-round midfielder (half-back in those days).

demportdave

๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I remember when Argyle played Blackburn Rovers in the mid-sixties and he was marking Brian Douglas.

Kicked lumps out of each other all afternoon then shook hands at the end of it, but that's when men were men; Wycombe and Ainsworth please take note.

I also remember being in the Devonport End on Boxing Day 1967 when he tackled Rodney Marsh who took a dive to win a penalty and the only goal of the game.

Nov 2, 2004
He's here,he's their he's, great servant.The battles with Frankie Prince, who played for the gasheads were worth the admission price.

demportdave

๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
ealinggreen":2xvdjkji said:
He's here,he's their he's, great servant.The battles with Frankie Prince, who played for the gasheads were worth the admission price.
Bumped into Frankie Prince with his missus in Fleet Walk a couple of weeks back.

Must be mid-sixties now but I can still remember him as a young Skinhead circa 1970 running around in midfield for Rovers kicking anything that moved.

Dreamgreen

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
demportdave":bstd2u9y said:
I also remember being in the Devonport End on Boxing Day 1967 when he tackled Rodney Marsh who took a dive to win a penalty and the only goal of the game.

I've hated that plank Marsh ever since. He even winked at the Demport crowd and smiled when the ref gave the penalty.

Everyone ran on the pitch to get at the ref at the end and a bus driver was arrested for landing one on the ref, as I remember. I think he was called Reg Dixon but I may have made that up.

I know my brand new Desert boots, that I was given for Christmas, were pretty much ruined when I ran on the pitch.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
I remember John Hore As Argyle Manager from the FA Cup 1984 Semi Final cup run

1984 was the year and cup run that got me hooked to Argyle

I hear he was a great footballer

Real Argyle Legend

justanotherfan

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Played in rugby boots to protect his ankles.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When the checking of the boots thing came in he had to drop his metal studs though. :greensmile:

As for running on the pitch, poor old Rex (RIP) got on first though didn't he? :lol:

C

C. Slade

Hard as nails but a great sportsman and never nasty. From memory he acted as a bit of a minder for our slightly built left winger Nicky Jennings.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I saw him and Jim Holton of Man Utd go for a 50/50 at Old Trafford. That was fun.

Big Jim wasn't quite so 'big' after that.

Oct 5, 2013
GreenArmy1984":2vtxm65b said:

Aha, hence your name

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
philevs":2pmf10ni said:
GreenArmy1984":2pmf10ni said:

Aha, hence your name

Snap! I went for the start of the season! My first season supporting Argyle. Nearly every home game that season. I started off thinking every season was going to be like that!

Keith Hennessey

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
So sorry if I have missed something , but being on the main board I hope it does not mean that John is in bad health, or worse still.

Happy to learn that the thread is simply because the man is a legend without dispute.