Mansfield manager to sit in the stands.. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mansfield manager to sit in the stands..

Feb 8, 2005
Is he allowed to make contact to his staff in the dugout via mobile, because he will be able to have an overall view from where he will be sat, which might even be considered an advantage!!

Jun 8, 2014
Don't think so. He'll pick the side but wont have any other influence in game (other than his and his staff's discussed changes/plans if/when things go mammaries up).

C

Cobi Budge.

That must be pretty difficult to enforce though, this isn't the PL, we can't have eyes on him for 90 minutes, what's to stop him from sending a couple of texts down to the bench?

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Is he in the dressing room pre-match or does he have to give his instructions over the pre match meal or on the coach ?

Mar 21, 2008
Depending on how much this affects the ability to communicate strategy during a game it could definitely work to our advantage as I believe Mansfield changed formation at Oxford as much as 5 times!

G

Gialloblu

Muzza will definitely find a way of getting the message to Mickey Moore on the Stags bench. When he got sent off (by the worst ref I've seen in a long while), he sent a messenger out to run around the pitch to the dugouts. To be honest, I think that whenever this happens, they manage to get their messages across, and they all do it.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Clutching at straws if you think this gives us an advantage.

Have you not heard about that new fangled invention, the 2-way Radio?

Actually, having the Manager sat in the stand may even be an advantage for them in that he will get a better view of what's happening compared to those at pitch-side and thus be able to make changes a bit earlier than if he was in the dugout.

Jun 8, 2014
If it was that much of an advantage, wouldn't every manager sit in the stands.. Or get someone else to do so?

Teams hire actual professional analysts to sit in stands and analysts, I don't know how much difference the manager being there will make.

Feb 8, 2005
If he sits in the director's box, we know someone who will keep an eye on him, don't we?

Jul 19, 2014
Adam_R":23f59428 said:
Do the rules stipulate the seating that has to be provided, or do we get to choose? Can we stick him behind a pillar or in one of the corners in the front row??
Stick him in the Devonport End!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
dellaclearing":guj4ua2p said:
Adam_R":guj4ua2p said:
Do the rules stipulate the seating that has to be provided, or do we get to choose? Can we stick him behind a pillar or in one of the corners in the front row??
Stick him in the Devonport End!
Just in front of the gentleman with the trumpet in the old grandstand!