Congratulations to the SWPL Team | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Congratulations to the SWPL Team

Congratulations to the argyle boys. Literally boys as well. And to kevin nancekevill who i believe manages them.
Hope to see you playing regular down erniesettle way next season. :thumbup:
Or maybe at least against parkway down chaucer way.
Should be a really good test for them next season. Some good players to play against as well. Lots are ex argyle
too so should be good stuff.

Feb 28, 2016
Congratulations all round. It's always been entertaining, when ever I've seen them this season, many who played in it also a part of the successful U18's campaign. (The second half of which seemed to me anyway, slightly neglected to fulfil this campaign (a big fixture backlog, I'm in no way suggesting that's a bad thing or criticising.)

Must admit I do despair at the thought of how many will get the continued development over the next 3/5 years that they need on the back of their obvious raw talent and the negative workplace culture they have/will find themselves in. :banghead: But hope they enjoy the moment.

MarkMatthews":3fdfd8fc said:
Congratulations all round. It's always been entertaining, when ever I've seen them this season, many who played in it also a part of the successful U18's campaign. (The second half of which seemed to me anyway, slightly neglected to fulfil this campaign (a big fixture backlog, I'm in no way suggesting that's a bad thing or criticising.)

Must admit I do despair at the thought of how many will get the continued development over the next 3/5 years that they need on the back of their obvious raw talent and the negative workplace culture they have/will find themselves in. :banghead: But hope they enjoy the moment.
Negative workplace culture?
We have hardly any reserve/combination games at pro level anymore. SWPL premier is the
nearest we are going to get to it. Playing against SWPL premier players under luggy
and holloway didnt harm the youngsters development and it can give first teamers much needed
match practice/fitness as well. Dan gosling came through at that time and the first thing i
noticed about him when he played in the championship was his strength on the ball.
Something lacking in every youth turned pro since i would argue.
Luggy in his time had all the youth age groups playing a year higher so they were always
playing against physically stronger opponents.
Whatever we shall have to wait and see if it works out in the long run.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Well done the lads Lanson next season we can walk to that one.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Bodmin or Liskeard nearest one day things can only get better but we do have buses.

Apr 4, 2004
Fantastic achievement. I would think the lads most definitely get something out of this, even if it is just learning to deal with opposition players that are fully developed men. That must be toughening the youngsters up no end.

It does worry me that it may give coaches a reason to pick sides based on physique instead of talent. When do the technically gifted but less well developed lads get their development. It's such a shame there is so little in the way of competitive games for the 18 -21 year olds, it's been our failing so long that league clubs can't afford to keep the lads on to see if they do develop.

It's just a fact of life that some youngsters mature physically later than other, but what if they are the better players. Also how can quality players really show their worth on lower quality pitches than at league club grounds. It's been said for years in the FA cup that the lower standards of pitches give the minows some advantage because the better players can't really show their quality on the bobbly boggy surfaces.
Surely that same argument applies here. Again meaning the more technically gifted lads can't shine. Of course its not Argyles fault. They have what they have. What they don't have is their own base with quality pitches big enough to accommodate players across all ages groups. Perhaps if some more wealthy people are in the boardroom with money to spend, they may take a look in that direction.

Feb 28, 2016
Fat_green_belly":e7fq3k16 said:
MarkMatthews":e7fq3k16 said:

Negative workplace culture?
We have hardly any reserve/combination games at pro level anymore. SWPL premier is the
nearest we are going to get to it. Playing against SWPL premier players under luggy
and holloway didnt harm the youngsters development and it can give first teamers much needed
match practice/fitness as well. Dan gosling came through at that time and the first thing i
noticed about him when he played in the championship was his strength on the ball.
Something lacking in every youth turned pro since i would argue.
Luggy in his time had all the youth age groups playing a year higher so they were always
playing against physically stronger opponents.
Whatever we shall have to wait and see if it works out in the long run.

I've not asked any of them but I wonder if: Tyler Harvey, Ben Purrington, Louis Rooney, Callum Hall, Aaron Bentley and River Allen think PAFC is a "good " or "positive experience" employer, for a young professional? Or if, hand on heart any lad currently doing an apprenticeship with us, can honestly say they feel confident they won't go the same way as any of them! To be fair to counter that argument, if you happen to have been born near a Premier League/Championship/League 1 club and therefore end up in their academy, we are a great employer for you to come down to on loan, learn your trade/make all your mistakes with us, learn from them, only to the long term benefit of your home town club! For its not inexperience or age we discriminate against, its if you have: Plymouth, Devon or Cornwall on your birth certificate. I in particular, take my hat off to: Cory Harvey, Jordan Bentley, Dan Rooney and Tom Purrington. who are sticking with their career path, at a club which they have all seen at close quarters, sell their own brothers down the river! I don't think that would give me much motivation!
It's all very well saying "well that's football", "They are lucky to have got this far" "They're just not good enough" But I genuinely worry about the mental health problems we could end up causing people in their position.

http://www.bullyfreeatwork.com/being-ig ... ng-tactic/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... perts.html

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Sorry, but this strikes me as a ridiculous statement. Unless you are Ben Purrington or have been a witness to any of the behaviours described in the link you simply do not know. Bullying is not something to take lightly and having dealt with issues linked to this previously, speculatively assigning people to the persona of 'victim' is neither helpful or constructive.

Feb 28, 2016
Green83":125e5p1q said:
Sorry, but this strikes me as a ridiculous statement. Unless you are Ben Purrington or have been a witness to any of the behaviours described in the link you simply do not know. Bullying is not something to take lightly and having dealt with issues linked to this previously, speculatively assigning people to the persona of 'victim' is neither helpful or constructive.

Didn't intend assigning him to a victim persona, I'm sorry if it came across as such and it is certainly not something I take lightly, the point I was trying to make is about constantly and continently being over looked and many of the players listed have been, usually but not exclusively, for players coming in on short term loans. The point of the links were to highlight that this ideology can lead to a negative workplace culture, which was the point I was defending.