#Bottlers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

#Bottlers

Mar 14, 2009
Seems without a ball even kicked the semi final results have been decided.

So instead of going through all the pain and emotion I thought we might as well have a thread that rips into the players and management to tell them what we thought of them. That way people can save a lot of money not attending the matches and a lot of heartache having to witness the games.

Personally, I will be there crossing all fingers and toes and I might even pray to the footballing gods. However, as people already know the outcome this thread can be for them so they can vent their views and disbelief about how we blew it this season.

This way, when the result that is predicted comes in, they don't have to vent their angry at the team and management all at once.

I'm feeling I will be told this thread was rather stupid to make. You would be right. Yet surely no more silly than deciding the outcome of the playoff games with Portsmouth before we even kicked a ball. For anything could happen. Bad refereeing, injuries to key players, tactical changes, sending offs etc.......

However, as it has been determined by a few that we will be knocked out I just want to thank DA and the team for a decent season in league two. We weren't quite good enough for the autos but you gave it everything.

Thank you, team of #bottlers for some cracking away wins, splendid goals and some strong individual standout performances. I appreciate your efforts and even though we come up short (because apparently the playoffs have been decided) I wanted to just quantify my support towards all you have done this season.

Green Army :scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
Do you not think every fan will do that? Vent here when necessary and come game time get behind the boys.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
You Truly are a Wonder Supporter

I am in awe of your supportiveness

Nobody else is Worthy to be in your league of support

I apologise unreservedly for showing signs of disappointment, pessimism, or lack of belief

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us gainst Pompey upon Saint Metal Mickey's day. :thumbs: :scarf:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I am currently self flagullating at my alter of Mickey the super fan, repeating time after time 'i must not say Jake is lazy, I must not say Jake is lazy'. Yeah I'm sure they all 'gave it everything'

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Metal Mickey has spoken...all bow down to the superior fan...from top of the league by five points in January to sixth place this evening....the players sure have given it everything...we are so lucky to have such talented players in our team.

Mar 14, 2009
You think I am claiming I'm a better fan.

Its the angle you guys keep harping on.

I don't think that at all. I understand your frustration and anger. I have felt this across the season.

Its just the defeatism in the posts. Again and Again AND Again.

I actually agree with people regarding the short comings. It is annoying.

Yet you cant tell me there is nothing at all to be positive about regarding this season. There have been really good periods this season and just as much people want to point out shortcomings, and rightly so, I feel we also have to look at things that have been done well this season.

So excuse me for being an awesome supporter, which I am not. Yet for finding some rays of positivity in a season some of you are making out like its been one of the worse ever.

That's what annoys me.

Not that you show signs of disappointment or pessimism or a lack of belief but that you don't ever have anything good to say about Argyle. Nothing. Nadder. Zippppppp

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
What do you expect people to say

Hooray we've just lost at home to Dagenham and Redbridge and Blown our chances

Hooray, once again we've just conceded twice in the last 10 minutes and blown our chances

Everyone will go in to the playoffs hoping for the best. Of course they will. Its just some are more pragmatic and realistic about our chances than others

May 1, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":20emce0i said:

I don't think that at all. I understand your frustration and anger. I have felt this across the season.

Yet you cant tell me there is nothing at all to be positive about regarding this season. There have been really good periods this season and just as much people want to point out shortcomings, and rightly so, I feel we also have to look at things that have been done well this season.

So excuse me for being an awesome supporter, which I am not. Yet for finding some rays of positivity in a season some of you are making out like its been one of the worse ever.

That's what annoys me.

Not that you show signs of disappointment or pessimism or a lack of belief but that you don't ever have anything good to say about Argyle. Nothing. Nadder. Zippppppp

Wind your neck in, you're not the Almighty on Pasoti. A lot of supporters may get annoyed by your dull posts!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Hoovermelon....Exactly...of course we hope for the best even over two legs against Pompey.Its just that having thrown away a five point lead to now being sixth beggars belief.As for a season to be remembered well I think not. I've never seen so many poor performances at home.Best forgotten...

Mar 14, 2009
hoovermelon":bqfwc1t7 said:

Hooray, once again we've just conceded twice in the last 10 minutes and blown our chances

Everyone will go in to the playoffs hoping for the best. Of course they will. Its just some are more pragmatic and realistic about our chances than others

I expect people to point out that whilst we have made mistakes that we there is good things that have happened this season.

Its hardly a "balanced" view is it when you come out with. Its all one way.........

All you do is highlight everything that went wrong. What about some of the things that went well.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
Metal_Green_Mickey":2vzt04xt said:
hoovermelon":2vzt04xt said:

I expect people to point out that whilst we have made mistakes that we there is good things that have happened this season.

Its hardly a "balanced" view is it when you come out with. Its all one way.........

All you do is highlight everything that went wrong. What about some of the things that went well.

We're STILL in the godforsaken fourth division, what the hell can be considered to have "gone well"?????

Nov 4, 2012
I agree with MGM.

He isn't claiming to be a better supporter than anyone.

Stop whinging it doesn't do any good. Get behind your team and save the post mortem until after the season. There is a negative energy around the club at the moment which is only making things worse. Yes we ballsed up automatic promotion but we now have a second chance. Anything can happen in the play-offs.

Mar 14, 2009
Bristol Rich":1uv9p6rr said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1uv9p6rr said:

That's what annoys me.

Wind your neck in, you're not the Almighty on Pasoti. A lot of supporters may get annoyed by your dull posts!

Thanks for a constructive argument there Rich.