January`s Reckless spending | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

January`s Reckless spending

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
http://mobile.pafc.co.uk/news/article/c ... 67759.aspx
And so it came to pass that James Brent fulfilled his promise and Argyle already entering 2016 with 52 points from 25 games went on to set new records at the top of league two
OR What really happened
The promise of backing the manager was unfulfilled apart for a couple of re-signed loanee`s and the loan of Jamille Matt who was admittedly a success. The team took 26 points from their next 20 games , their worst run since Carl Fletcher was Manager .
Appreciate the play offs may yet spring a surprise but folks we were lied to, the Manager was not properly backed and this is our payback

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
KCJ":31e7k7ju said:
http://mobile.pafc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-january-pledge-2867759.aspx
And so it came to pass that James Brent fulfilled his promise and Argyle already entering 2016 with 52 points from 25 games went on to set new records at the top of league two
OR What really happened
The promise of backing the manager was unfulfilled apart for a couple of re-signed loanee`s and the loan of Jamille Matt who was admittedly a success. The team took 26 points from their next 20 games , their worst run since Carl Fletcher was Manager .
Appreciate the play offs may yet spring a surprise but folks we were lied to, the Manager was not properly backed and this is our payback

Well said. Brent please just sod off out of our club, six years in the fourth division is the sort of being saved I can do without.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
KCJ":22wx25v2 said:
OR What really happened
how do you know he wasn't backed?perhaps adams' preferred choices didn't want to join us.

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
1/-I do not believe players would have turned us down if the price was right
2/- It`s got nothing to do with naming his successor - The point I am trying to make is he put in print that he was going to back the Manager, without any evidence of failed deals etc it appears to myself as a supporter that he did not deliver.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
KCJ":24isffde said:
2/- It`s got nothing to do with naming his successor - The point I am trying to make is he put in print that he was going to back the Manager, without any evidence of failed deals etc it appears to myself as a supporter that he did not deliver.
i respect your opinion and loyal support.we are all hurting at the moment.

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
Steve Evans":36xyyrii said:
KCJ":36xyyrii said:
Cheers Steve, we are all on the same side at the end of the day, bring on Pompey !.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":parsv0u6 said:
KCJ":parsv0u6 said:

I'm not hurting. I'm just pi33ed off, pi33ed off that we just can't get it right when it matters.

I know we've been through a rough patch but we can't keep letting it be a safest net excuse when we crumble.

Our style of play is evident. We have the ability, albeit in a smaller squad than most but we have the players in the right areas that can do a job in this league. The frustration comes when the starting 11 played a fantastic match one Saturday, sticks with the same team the following match and it looks like a completely new, uninspired, shambles of a team that just fail to get into the ruthless team that we can be.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

KCJ":5m7n5urz said:
OR What really happened

Spot on.

I'm just wondering what excuse Brent will have for his low-budget squad after the historical debt has gone?

We're now an established 4th division club, and if the Chairman ever gets his way we'll have a 4th division main stand. It's soul destroying. Especially when you have a club like Bristol Rovers who are our equivalent getting mega rich new owners.

Please sell up James.

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Evans":38w7dn1c said:
KCJ":38w7dn1c said:
OR What really happened
how do you know he wasn't backed?perhaps adams' preferred choices didn't want to join us.
Indeed, did he put all his eggs in one basket with Alan Smith and when turned down didn't have a genuine plan b?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":izq2i1z2 said:
KCJ":izq2i1z2 said:
OR What really happened

Spot on.

I'm just wondering what excuse Brent will have for his low-budget squad after the historical debt has gone?

We're now an established 4th division club, and if the Chairman ever gets his way we'll have a 4th division main stand. It's soul destroying. Especially when you have a club like Bristol Rovers who are our equivalent getting mega rich new owners.

Please sell up James.
sell to whom please?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Deacster":25v4fush said:
Steve Evans":25v4fush said:
KCJ":25v4fush said:
OR What really happened
Indeed, did he put all his eggs in one basket with Alan Smith and when turned down didn't have a genuine plan b?
he certainly pinned a lot of hope in alan smith.i still don't understand why he signed nardiello.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I love it when people on here ask a fellow fan to name a potential buyer, as though they are expected to name one. If only it were that easy! Brent has kept a steady ship but peoples' expectations will rise eventually. I suspect that we probably aren't as healthy a club as some believe so in that sense I am satisfied that the real problems are the management and players.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
He cannot sell because the club has no worth . Our players have a combined worth of nothing , the ground is owned by the council and higher home park has been aquired by James Brent to feather his own nest. Can anybody tell me what there is to sell ?

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Evans":3f57eayq said:
Deacster":3f57eayq said:
Steve Evans":3f57eayq said:
KCJ":3f57eayq said:
OR What really happened
he certainly pinned a lot of hope in alan smith.i still don't understand why he signed nardiello.
Simply for his experience and nous I think, then realised he wasn't up to it.