Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey

C

CornishGreenWhite

Would be brilliant to get it open but don't agree about higher ticket prices. Maybe JB can compensate for his January failures. Just an idea? Why should it constantly be up to the fans?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
'Interesting he has aired this'?

Why? Webby's an Argyle fan, and most I speak to, have been thinking for a long time that our dismal home results over the last five years is partly down to this.

I agree it would be an ideal thing to do. Whether the finances stack up is another matter.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Great if it happened. Fill it and that'll go a long way to covering the costs. The match would need one big publicity drive in all media though.

C

CornishGreenWhite

As well as getting the mayflower open, move the family stand back to block 1 and get the old Zoo Corner opened up next season. The atmosphere has all but died these days.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":2p2xbocc said:

Why? Webby's an Argyle fan, and most I speak to, have been thinking for a long time that our dismal home results over the last five years is partly down to this.

I agree it would be an ideal thing to do. Whether the finances stack up is another matter.
ian?do you know how much seating would cost on the mayflower terracing?i was just wondering if we the supporters could chip in and get it set up for next season.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
CornishGreenWhite":32iu68ul said:
As well as getting the mayflower open, move the family stand back to block 1 and get the old Zoo Corner opened up next season. The atmosphere has all but died these days.
I don't know why people keep going on about moving it. The Family Zone For All (I think that's it's proper name) is a resounding success and I can't see it moving.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":2akatn0d said:
IJN":2akatn0d said:

ian?do you know how much seating would cost on the mayflower terracing?i was just wondering if we the supporters could chip in and get it set up for next season.
100k a season when we had them rings a bell.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Keepitgreen":27el1oj7 said:
CornishGreenWhite":27el1oj7 said:
I don't know why people keep going on about moving it. The Family Zone For All (I think that's it's proper name) is a resounding success and I can't see it moving.

Why couldn't it a resounding success in Block 1?

Feb 2, 2007
Lets do it. We would fill it but prob have to give Pompey bigger allocation to ensure capacity was reached which may help their cause.

Mind you we can lose to Daggers with one fan and his dog so probably doesn't matter how many Pompous bring.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
CornishGreenWhite":1lofihf8 said:
Keepitgreen":1lofihf8 said:
CornishGreenWhite":1lofihf8 said:

What they've built up underneath the stand wouldn't fit under Block 1.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":1q0losf3 said:

Just meant he may have been able to start the discussion with his connections as opposed to saying it on twitter. Perhaps he has done that too?

Guess you might know whether that's happened.

Personally think the opening of the Mayflower would improve the look and atmosphere - another hangover from Mr Todd's leadership.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":1rqa1t0s said:
CornishGreenWhite":1rqa1t0s said:
Keepitgreen":1rqa1t0s said:
CornishGreenWhite":1rqa1t0s said:

What they've built up underneath the stand wouldn't fit under Block 1.

I think a lot of people forget that the family stand is open to both home and away families to buy tickets. For that reason, the only way to make block 1 the family stand is to give the whole of the Devonport end over to away fans.