Anybody else enjoy yesterday? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anybody else enjoy yesterday?

C

Cobi Budge.

The day out? The second half? The town? The stadium? The beer? Or am I the only one? :lol:

I'm far from a happy clapper but Pasoti seems a depressing place right now. We're all disappointed that we didn't finish top 3, but now isn't a time to winge, to moan, to doubt or even to talk about next season. THIS season is far from over.

Oct 14, 2015
I enjoyed the day. Spent quality time with my son, he's nearly 30 but smashing company and supports the Greens as well. I suppose because I'd already resigned myself that it was the playoffs for us this season there seemed less pressure then there was against Leyton Orient for example.

Second half definitely an improvement on the first and we were both still laughing at that sorry attempt of a pass from Tanner meant for Mellor and still trying to figure out how Boateng missed those sitters.
Thankfully neither made any difference to how yesterday's results panned out.

Gutted we've blown it this season and getting used to the idea that trips to Crawley and Luton is a strong possibility next season.....big opportunity blown this season for various reasons and I'm depressed as everyone else and consoling myself in the fact that there are worst things going on in the world at the moment

I was happier this morning when I got up than going to bed last night.

Turned off Argyle Player when I saw the score-line was 2-1.

Went to bed at midnight [my time] - miserable as sin !!

Got up this morning - saw it was 2-2 !!

Happy ?

No !!

Just happier :whistle:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The result itself was pretty good Cobi, a draw away against a side just 2 places below us. The doom and gloom is down to automatic promotion being blown. If we don't go up I will be pleased to see Pompey, Rovers and Oxford all go up. I don't at this stage see any of the relegated clubs being major threats nor the promoted clubs from the conference. Luton I think will do well under Nathan Jones next season but maybe it might not be as tough with more teams with bigger resources out of the equation?

C

Cobi Budge.

That's a fair point.

Feel that if there were still a few weeks to go, everyone would be much happier with yesterday's result.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge.":3prla0gp said:
The day out? The second half? The town? The stadium? The beer? Or am I the only one? :lol:

I'm far from a happy clapper but Pasoti seems a depressing place right now. We're all disappointed that we didn't finish top 3, but now isn't a time to winge, to moan, to doubt or even to talk about next season. THIS season is far from over.

They'll 'quite rightly' be booed off you said at 2-1

C

Cobi Budge.

up_the_line":1m5faa5r said:
Cobi Budge.":1m5faa5r said:

They'll 'quite rightly' be booed off you said at 2-1

Yep. I did. The performance wasn't great at all. I'm talking about the day out, the result & the fact that the season isn't yet over.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
jerryatricjanner":266npo3s said:
The result itself was pretty good Cobi, a draw away against a side just 2 places below us. The doom and gloom is down to automatic promotion being blown. If we don't go up I will be pleased to see Pompey, Rovers and Oxford all go up. I don't at this stage see any of the relegated clubs being major threats nor the promoted clubs from the conference. Luton I think will do well under Nathan Jones next season but maybe it might not be as tough with more teams with bigger resources out of the equation?

Agree. Colchester, Crewe, Doncaster and Blackpool are all in various stages of meltdown so hopefully won't be a promotion threat.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
But now you say is not the time to whinge or moan. Sorry but is it up to you when we whinge and moan? 2-1 down Cobi say moan. 1 day later Cobi say no moan.

Jan 7, 2013
I'm glad on reflection you have decided you enjoyed your day and in particular the second half display but to go on to say no whinging and moaning is a bit rich as you were one of the worst culprits on the match thread! As I have said before I thought yesterdays draw was a decent result considering Cambridge had to win and won their last 7-0!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
clokey84":2s68fvda said:
I'm glad on reflection you have decided you enjoyed your day and in particular the second half display but to go on to say no whinging and moaning is a bit rich as you were one of the worst culprits on the match thread! As I have said before I thought yesterdays draw was a decent result considering Cambridge had to win and won their last 7-0!

Quite. Very rich. I'll boo and moan when I want to but in the morning I'll tell everyone else to stop moaning'

May 1, 2011
clokey84":3oqa91r1 said:
Are you the Walt Disney cheerful police?

Jan 7, 2013
Bristol Rich":n4fkisgw said:
clokey84":n4fkisgw said:
Are you the Walt Disney cheerful police?
What's your beef now??

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I enjoyed it. I quite watching a game where there's little stress.

It was never going to happen yesterday and I went to the match with that very much in mind.

What a delightful City Cambridge is.

C

Cobi Budge.

In the heat of the moment, I was livid at letting a 1 goal lead slip...again.

On reflection, it wasn't a bad result, not a bad second half performance, Cambridge is a good away day, and the season isn't yet over.

Simples.

COYG.