Family Area on Saturday | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Family Area on Saturday

O

ogwellmike

I'm bringing four grandchildren (age range 4 to 11) for their first visit to Home Park on Saturday and we have tickets for the Family Area. Can somebody tell me how it is organised please? What exactly goes on there before the match, during the match and at half time? I want them to enjoy everything on offer. Is there any general entertainment on the pitch at half time this Saturday, does anyone know? As Star Wars enthusiasts, they are already looking forward to seeing the Hartlepool Stormtroopers! Any advice would be appreciated.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
ogwellmike":36inio46 said:
I'm bringing four grandchildren (age range 4 to 11) for their first visit to Home Park on Saturday and we have tickets for the Family Area. Can somebody tell me how it is organised please? What exactly goes on there before the match, during the match and at half time? I want them to enjoy everything on offer. Is there any general entertainment on the pitch at half time this Saturday, does anyone know? As Star Wars enthusiasts, they are already looking forward to seeing the Hartlepool Stormtroopers! Any advice would be appreciated.
Prepare to be underwhelmed my friend..... Just another part of the ground for somewhere to sit and watch a game of football. If you can call a few antics from Pilgrim Pete entertaining then I guess you'll be happy. An isolated area and the atmosphere there will be as good as you and the others around you can make it.... I take my 6 year old grandson with me into the grandstand east and at best the moaning and language can be entertaining to a point.
Sorry for being negative but it's the truth!

Apr 22, 2016
we've been a few times since my 8 year old became a Argyle fan in February. They have a small area for a kick about, a air hockey table (with no air), table top football, table tennis, 2 ps4's with fifa and a load of pc's . Your need to get in there early to get a go on the ps4's. personally my little 'un prefers to stay by the main grandstand getting the players autographs as for atmosphere you'll need some pretty lively kids to get it going!

Feb 18, 2016
meetoo":2sxox7sj said:
ogwellmike":2sxox7sj said:
Prepare to be underwhelmed my friend..... Just another part of the ground for somewhere to sit and watch a game of football. If you can call a few antics from Pilgrim Pete entertaining then I guess you'll be happy. An isolated area and the atmosphere there will be as good as you and the others around you can make it.... I take my 6 year old grandson with me into the grandstand east and at best the moaning and language can be entertaining to a point.

Nonsense meetoo. There's plenty for the kids to do under the stands including computer games, table football, ping pong, mini football and more. I'd advise you to get there about an hour before kickoff Mike and let the kids have some fun, before the football starts!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I guess asking adults if it's any good rather detracts from the notion that it's not for us. As someone who's taken a 6-7 year old to the family zone, there was very little for me to enjoy but the youngster loved it.

Your older child/children at 11 may be a little too old but the younger ones will get the benefit plus and I'm not sure if this is still done, they have female staff looking after the kids (to a point ) which does help parents to relax (to a point).

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Great nephew and niece of 9 and 11 went with their parents twice but they all much prefer the Devonport End and the atmosphere. They said the set up under the stand was pretty good to be fair but it felt isolated and away from the atmosphere to watch the game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jerryatricjanner":3m4vnwci said:
Great nephew and niece of 9 and 11 went with their parents twice but they all much prefer the Devonport End and the atmosphere. They said the set up under the stand was pretty good to be fair but it felt isolated and away from the atmosphere to watch the game.

That's probably about right. At 9-11 years old kids will want to be more involved with singing etc. But younger than that they're more easily distracted. An hour and a half is a long time when you're 5-6-7 and I think that's the age group it's aimed at. As I said, there used to be 'minders' which meant parents could be more relaxed when taking younger children.

It's probably also the parents that don't want to be seperate from their single/childless mates.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Stan":3lklonx2 said:
meetoo":3lklonx2 said:
ogwellmike":3lklonx2 said:

Nonsense meetoo. There's plenty for the kids to do under the stands including computer games, table football, ping pong, mini football and more. I'd advise you to get there about an hour before kickoff Mike and let the kids have some fun, before the football starts!
That is your view.... My grandson prefers the fans fest.... but we're all different I guess. Perhaps it was you who enjoyed the "games" lol.

Feb 18, 2016
meetoo":atkk19l5 said:
Stan":atkk19l5 said:
meetoo":atkk19l5 said:
ogwellmike":atkk19l5 said:

That is your view.... My grandson prefers the fans fest.... but we're all different I guess. Perhaps it was you who enjoyed the "games" lol.

I enjoyed seeing our kids enjoy the games meetoo. If your only answer to being very economic with the truth is to counter with snide remarks, well, probably best to leave it there, there's already enough confrontation between our fans at the moment and it doesn't make for pleasant reading imo, although I fully understand that emotions are high at the moment.

O

ogwellmike

Many thanks for all the comments and for taking the trouble to post. It sounds like my four will quite enjoy what's on offer. I'm a bit surprised at the negative comments though. I thought I remembered Argyle winning some award for its family facilities a few years back.

Oct 19, 2013
Basically Mike don't expect miracles in terms of entertainment but it's easy to construct a good day out. The 5 we regularly go with from 7-10 all enjoy the bit under the stand which has been well described by others and also enjoy a kick around in the park or going to the life centre beforehand. The atmosphere in the family bit is pretty tame, for better or worse. To be fair whilst the bit under the stand isn't exactly Alton Towers I've not encountered much like it anywhere else, and it is much better than nothing.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Stan":mk5ijj4s said:
meetoo":mk5ijj4s said:
Stan":mk5ijj4s said:
meetoo":mk5ijj4s said:
ogwellmike":mk5ijj4s said:

I enjoyed seeing our kids enjoy the games meetoo. If your only answer to being very economic with the truth is to counter with snide remarks, well, probably best to leave it there, there's already enough confrontation between our fans at the moment and it doesn't make for pleasant reading imo, although I fully understand that emotions are high at the moment.
The "lol" relates to it being a funny comment, you know..... HUMOUR! I was asked for an opinion... I gave it..... Lighten up mate :)

Feb 18, 2016
meetoo":1kst3o6u said:
Stan":1kst3o6u said:
Stan":1kst3o6u said:
ogwellmike":1kst3o6u said:

The "lol" relates to it being a funny comment, you know..... HUMOUR! I was asked for an opinion... I gave it..... Lighten up mate :)

"Funny comment"? LOL. As for your opinion, you made no mention of the under stand entertainment so it was either a shoddy opinion or a lie. Perhaps you haven't been in the family zone after all, LOL :) . Light enough for you mate?

Mar 9, 2011
ogwellmike":zks8h7fd said:

I've not experienced, yet, what it's like to be in the family end on match days Mike, but photos number 80-84 will give you an idea of what's available for the youngsters underneath the family stand on match days and the Community Trust guys are great with the kids.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodi ... 15-12-26M2

O

ogwellmike

Thank you Sue for posting that. The photos are a great help - and I'm now sure my lot will enjoy the experience.

Thanks everybody else for your comments.