Home advantage? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home advantage?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
For anyone hoping we play the home leg of the playoffs second because it will give us some sort of advantage I just had a brief look and we only actually beat 2 teams in the top half at home all season; Accrington and Carlisle.. and the Accrington game was hardly a deserved win was it?
Let's hope we come up with something resembling a big advantage away from home

up_the_line":2n8heiqm said:
For anyone hoping we play the home leg of the playoffs second because it will give us some sort of advantage I just had a brief look and we only actually beat 2 teams in the top half at home all season; Accrington and Carlisle.. and the Accrington game was hardly a deserved win was it?
Thats with 4231 though. I would hope after the daggers debacle this 352 or more like 3412
will be used. Bit late to be introducing it but we do have saturday for a test run and if
it does click then we certainly have the firepower to hurt pompey.
If he starts 4231 with 2 out wide again then i would agree with you.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
up_the_line":g31eqkug said:

I want us to play the home leg second.

Our away for is better than our home form, one reason is that teams are willing to come at us on their own patch which leaves gaps at the back for players like Wylde (eventually) to exploit.
By playing away in the first leg, I believe this gives us the best chance to get in front over the two legs which means when Pompey comes back to Home spark they'll have to come out and attack creating the same scenario.

If we play the home leg first (as we did last season) we run the risk of being turned over on our patch and chasing the game at Fratton Park. Humiliated once more on national TV.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
A quick check of the table shows both Argyle and Pompey have been better away than at home this season.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
cheshiregreen":tltqlygb said:
A quick check of the table shows both Argyle and Pompey have been better away than at home this season.

Even more reason to play the first leg away. Get 18,000 Pompey supporters on their back, get in front with something to defend at home.

The one proviso is that knowing Argyle we'll go in front and be inadequate at defending g a lead.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
up_the_line":b4z04oni said:

It is actually three. Accrington Stanley who were 5th, Morecambe were 8th and Mansfield were 7th.

Carlisle United were 14th when they visited Home Park.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Lundan Cabbie":2avg3amn said:
up_the_line":2avg3amn said:

It is actually three. Accrington Stanley who were 5th, Morecambe were 8th and Mansfield were 7th.

Carlisle United were 14th when they visited Home Park.

OK I'll rephrase it. Argyle only beat 2 of the teams finishing in the top 12 places.
Mind you your stat makes us look SOOOO much better.

Mar 8, 2016
I think a home match first would be more favourable for this particular fixture. Because If we have to chase the match at home park in the 2nd leg then its pretty obvious how that will pan out, another defensive shambles like the daggers match.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Army green":13botipa said:
I think a home match first would be more favourable for this particular fixture. Because If we have to chase the match at home park in the 2nd leg then its pretty obvious how that will pan out, another defensive shambles like the daggers match.

If we had to chase the game at home what are the odds on Adams still starting with one up front?

Mar 8, 2016
up_the_line":yrgyor99 said:
Army green":yrgyor99 said:

If we had to chase the game at home what are the odds on Adams still starting with one up front?

Surely not. To be honest I don't think he's going to play one up front for either leg. pretty obvious that's not working for us right now.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
The way our season has gone and considering our records home and away I would like the home leg first. Any sort of result would leave me a wee bit more confident for the second leg. You think we struggle at home, well Pompey REALLY struggle at home and like us are regarded as a right bunch of bottlers.
These games will be all about how can deal with the pressure the best.

Dec 3, 2005
Army green":3hmeltoe said:
up_the_line":3hmeltoe said:
Army green":3hmeltoe said:

Surely not. To be honest I don't think he's going to play one up front for either leg. pretty obvious that's not working for us right now.

Obvious to the Supporters :)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Pettgreen":33k262az said:
You think we struggle at home, well Pompey REALLY struggle at home and like us are regarded as a right bunch of bottlers.
These games will be all about how can deal with the pressure the best.
Portsmouth have picked up one point more than we have at home. They've had the 5th best home form so far whereas ours has been the 8th best, although that could improve (or get worse) this weekend.

Our Home record
P: 22 W: 11 D: 3 L: 8 GF: 34 GA: 26 GD: 8 Pts: 36

Portsmouth's home record
P: 22 W: 10 D: 7 L: 5 GF: 37 GA: 17 GD: 20 Pts: 37