Only Carey of the new play would get in last seasons team... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Only Carey of the new play would get in last seasons team...

Jul 29, 2010
Brunty, whilst not being a DA player, came into his own under him.

Matt would also get more goals in a full season than Lewi.

This won't win any support but Josh Simpson is a better CM than what we had last season. Trouble is he was rarely fit and when he was was virtually never played in a 442, where he excels. Does beg the question why he was signed if DA had no intention of playing to his strengths but that's another question, on quality alone, he's better.

Oct 31, 2015
I agree with Carey and I think Matt would. Also moving McHue into midfield was a DA idea which has worked really well. Wylde on a good day is brilliant but as with all wingers he is hot and cold. As said above Brunty came on leaps and bounds under DA but at the end of the day for whatever reason this team is only a couple of wins better than last seasons. Im not really sure what this points out apart from our improvement has been pants and most of the new players were no better than last years squad.

In fact if you take Carey out then this squad is worse than last years!!!!

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
O Connor, Bobby Reid and Andy Kellet were total class. As I say I think if Carey played last year we would have had a lot more points than this..

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
1. Adams has built a team to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, of course we don't have players to play at wing-back. Instead we have players capable of playing on the wing whereas last year we had just the one recognised winger.

2. Even ignoring point 1 you're selection is still questionable, Matt has proved to be as good if not better partner in the short time that he and Reuben have played together than Lewi, Brunt although not a DA signing has been a revelation under Adams. Sawyer isn't a wing-back but I'd prefer him defensively to either Holmes-Dennis or Kellett who although good offensively had a lot to be desired defensively. Also best until last you've missed Boateng who would walk into that team ahead of O'Connor, I'd also argue Tanner would give Bobby Reid a run for his money.

3. Earlier in the season we had the below, playing at its best with all fit and well could see off Shez and his 6-7 defenders.

Luke
Mellor - Nelson - Hartley - Sawyer
McHugh - Boateng
Jervis - Carey - Wylde
Reid/Brunt

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":o5qqtqai said:
I'd also argue Tanner would give Bobby Reid a run for his money.

The same Tanner who can't get into our team at the moment, and the same Bobby Reid now playing consistently for Bristol City in the Championship and earning rave reviews?

Reid is seriously threatening Conor Hourihane and Steve Adams in becoming one of Argyle's all-time most under-rated midfielders.

THD was a good player but he was a left-back rather than a left-wing-back: he was highly-rated playing LB for Charlton and Oxford, and he was more than adequate in the few occasions he played LB for us. Sawyer's improved but THD would give him a run for his money.

Agree with X Isle that Simpson is a good player, but we had a good selection of midfielders last season - O'Connor and Bobby Reid were excellent and Cox did well there when he played. This season we've had McHugh and Boateng, but Simpson is obviously better than Blizzard. Bobby is (literally) leagues ahead of Tanner. Alessandra no better than Jervis and certainly worse than Wylde and Matt.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
edmonds200":1rjkgrfq said:
This won't win any support but Blizzard was better than simpson..

:funny:

Stop it, please stop it. :facepalm:

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Blizzard better than me - perhaps. But not any previous professional player.

Nov 4, 2012
My team of the last two seasons:

McCormick

Mellor. Nelson. Hartley. Sawyer

Boateng. McHugh

Wylde. B.Reid. Carey

R.Reid

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":2nvaowtu said:
edmonds200":2nvaowtu said:
This won't win any support but Blizzard was better than simpson..

:funny:

Stop it, please stop it. :facepalm:

That was really funny......

Peoples memories must be short. For whilst Bobby Reid had some decent games, in a league where set pieces are vital, he took some pretty appalling corners.....and this happened in every match :facepalm: Which SHERDIAN kept letting happen every bloody game :banghead: ....... and yet people think Sheridan wasn't that bad a manager.