Outland Road closures (open for play-off game) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Outland Road closures (open for play-off game)

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Just left home to see a roadworks sign stating Outland Road Closed Inbound Evenings from 19:00 between 9th and 20th May. Obvious implications for any evening play off match.

Edited to add, I'll look into it more later, once I return from the Brit.

Apr 9, 2011
Yep once again highways will not take any notice of what is happening around them. Always remember going to the fireworks championships & the highways bless em had lanes closed on parkway to the bridge total chaos on the way home.

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Leigh Rapson":2rf4exqd said:
PicassoPigeon":2rf4exqd said:
They say from 9th until the 20th 19:00 onwards :( It's for resurfacing works

That's why I never listen to my Mrs, she told it was two dates rather than whole period.

How the hell does it take 11 days to resurface a small stretch of road? Only in plymouth

As Bernard Cribbins sang...

:whistle: "Right," said Fred, "Both of us together
One each end and steady as we go."
Tried to shift it, couldn't even lift it
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cuppa tea... :whistle:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The most "popular" signs in Plymouth ....

11763-road-closed-for-two-weeks.jpg

.... often appearing randomly for no apparent reason.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3bgzyyoq said:
The most "popular" signs in Plymouth ....

11763-road-closed-for-two-weeks.jpg

.... often appearing randomly for no apparent reason.

It's worse in north Devon. The road closed signs usual appear a couple of miles down the road where the diversion signs put you back where you started, then the diversion ends and you have no idea where to go.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I walked past one of the signs this morning (just after Peverell Park Road heading towards Argyle) and paid special attention to it. It says:

From 9/5 & 20/5

which is pretty confusing.

The word 'from' and the dates are printed letters (I can't remember whether the sign used 05, 5 or 5 or the word May for May but regardless, the dates were printed letters/numbers) . However, the '&' symbol was handwritten in the middle. So, either the person who prepared the sign doesn't know that & means 'and' and thought it would do perfectly well as a symbol for 'to', or the sign is supposed to say 9/5 AND 20/5 but they didn't have a way of removing or covering up the word 'From'. Either way, the sign is completely ambiguous and could be meant to say either 'FROM 9/5 TO 20/5' or 'ON 9/5 AND 20/5'. The former seems more likely to me.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I actually live on Outland road. I can see where the confusion has set in. The signs say different things on either side of the road. The sign at bottom of Belair road has changed since I first saw it (my original post) Conclusively on a lamp post at bottom of Belair road is attached A Tempoary Prohibibition of Driving Notice from the council

"It is anticipated that the sewer works will commence on 9th May and will be completed by the 20th May 2016". Later on "Night works only" - which fits with the 1900-0700 closures.

Area effected is 164 Outland road to junction with Peverell Park Road - in a South Westerly Direction.

A Diversion will be in place.

I spoke to south West Water who will clarify with me exactly what is happening later today/tomorrow.
Having seen quite a bit of sewer works on this road over the last few years, I would speculate that the inbound lane is likely to be disrupted on/off between the given dates.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PicassoPigeon":2mjryjna said:
Leigh Rapson":2mjryjna said:
PicassoPigeon":2mjryjna said:
They say from 9th until the 20th 19:00 onwards :( It's for resurfacing works

That's why I never listen to my Mrs, she told it was two dates rather than whole period.

How the hell does it take 11 days to resurface a small stretch of road? Only in plymouth

As Bernard Cribbins sang...

:whistle: "Right," said Fred, "Both of us together
One each end and steady as we go."
Tried to shift it, couldn't even lift it
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cuppa tea... :whistle:

OH FFS!! they aren't moving pianos every night between those dates too are they!!?? ;)

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
PMSL :D Never say never

I've spoken to Amey and here is what they have said...
The works on Outland Road are being carried out by South West Water. The works are programmed for the 9th May until 20th May, under a road closure from 1900hrs – 0700hrs.