Official club coaches...any news? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Official club coaches...any news?

Aug 25, 2006
Plymuff, D'em!
Hi all.

Has anyone heard anything about the official club coaches for the Wembley game?

Trying to weigh up options and would like to know when tickets will be on sale, and how much tickets are likely to be.

Anyone in the know?

Nov 6, 2011
This is from the official site:

Coach Travel: The club will be operating coaches to Wembley. Tickets for coach travel will be available from the Argyle Ticket Office, over the counter, or via phone on 0845 872 3335. We will advise you when these are available. Please make your coach travel purchase only after you have bought your match tickets. Coach tickets are subject to availability and will be sold on a first come first served basis. Further details, including prices and pick-up points, will be announced in a separate travel pack.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Yeah, still no news yet. I wish the forward planner would just post a note to say something like we will be making a statement about coach travel for fans at 10am on Wednesday lol
I've just looked planning up in the dictionary and note there is no F in planning, just like work :facepalm:
Pete

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
MannameadGreen":cx0u65oe said:
£40 for the coach, when it's £33 for all other London away games, seems to me like shameless opportunism from the club (unless there's a credible explanation for why this is).
Bank Holiday weekend? Coach companies charging Premium rates? Drivers on time and a half or double time? Wembley parking fees? Jeez it's unbelievable how some of you lot think!!

May 8, 2011
Being a bank holiday didn't make the Newport coach any dearer than it would have been.
Barnet away was £27 so each coach will make an additional £500+.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
HC Green":201g41z7 said:
Being a bank holiday didn't make the Newport coach any dearer than it would have been.
Barnet away was £27 so each coach will make an additional £500+.
OK so May Bank Holiday? Wembley parking? Not all coaches will have the low emissions needed for Central London so will incur a charge. 500 a coach or 13 quid extra?? I'd love to be paying it but can't go due to work!!

Aug 13, 2011
Why are the coaches so much more than usual? All the coach does is get you from A to B, there should be no increase. That's exploitation! I understand spending more for Wembley but that's because you pay for the venue, but the roadside scenery doesn't change from a normal journey to London. No wonder they dont give the price, you must buy your match ticket first if you call Argyle. They say you must buy a matchday ticket before you are even told the coach price. That smells! Travel club can poke it even if cheapest easy way of getting there, it's the principle, i'll try hike! Exploitation!

May 8, 2011
The Travel Club are not organising the coaches for Wembley, the football club has taken it over.

Aug 13, 2011
HC Green":17vwnx8n said:
The Travel Club are not organising the coaches for Wembley, the football club has taken it over.

No excuse, it's a bloody expensive enough day the tickets much more heavily priced and food and drink will be exhorbitant. Perhaps if enough of us complain they will reduce it. The Greeeen Armeeee were magnificent on Sunday night, sucked the goal in, helped get us to Wembley, so why not treat us with respect. Opportunism and exploitation!