Contract Extensions - Carey, Sawyer, Jervis

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I know our media guys are busy, but this great news should be released by the club surely? (unless i missed it too)

May 16, 2016
Not sure if it's already posted on here but, Graham Carey signed contract extension accordingto BBC App :)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Nice to be announced on his birthday. Well done Graham and Happy Birthday.

Mar 14, 2009
People kept saying they are out of contract...they will be off...but in January it was reported Sawyer signed a contract extension as he played enough games to trigger a renew.

I would of thought the players Adams signed would of all had this so we can expect Jervis and Wylde, for example, would have triggered an extension.

The one player I wouldn't of been sure about staying though is Simpson. Would he have played enough?

May 8, 2011
I think the title is a bit misleading as he has triggered his contract extension and rather than he agreeing to stay it would appear Argyle have decided to keep him. If his quotes are accurate it would appear that this also applies to most of last years signings.

C

Cobi Budge.

Yep. A bit misleading. This has been obvious for quite a while despite many people panicking, the majority of the players have triggered automatic extensions should the club want to keep them.

Good news nonetheless.

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
HC Green":35bykkzw said:
I think the title is a bit misleading as he has triggered his contract extension and rather than he agreeing to stay it would appear Argyle have decided to keep him. If his quotes are accurate it would appear that this also applies to most of last years signings.

But its both ways. He could say no thanks couldn't he?

Therefore he's agreed. It's semantics though.

It's good news and a pre-playoff boost!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":280it7s9 said:

I think whichever way you care to read it, GC had to at some point sign on the dotted line somewhere which would discourage others coming in for him. Something that would almost certainly happen should we not complete the job on the 30th.

It does also read to me that should we show enough ambition next season that he may be open to making that stay a lot longer.