'WALL OF SOUND' from the Green Army | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

'WALL OF SOUND' from the Green Army

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
For everyone who has experienced an Argyle away game and the recent semi final game at home to Portsmouth, the constant sound from us all was absolutely phenomenal and was noticed by the players, management as well as the neutral's amongst the media and the public.
On Monday we are at the door, that if we unlock it will allow Derek Adams to weave his magic in the next League on our journey to the Championship League.
In the 60's the music producer Phil Spector provided a 'wall of sound' in his recordings, and how successful was that! we need to do the same.
Turning up for the match will not be enough! We need to provide that 'Derek Adams WALL OF SOUND' throughout the build up and match.
We have seen how our team has fed off this support. They have given us this occasion.
Let's make them proud so that they make US proud. COYG

'WALL OF SOUND'

Oct 12, 2015
...I'm driving the missus a little doolally by spending most of this week walking round the house singing Argyle songs, and getting my two year old to join in....

I like to think of it has limbering up. Not sure she views it as that....

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
HertsPilgrim":2d6apsj0 said:
...I'm driving the missus a little doolally by spending most of this week walking round the house singing Argyle songs, and getting my two year old to join in....

I like to think of it has limbering up. Not sure she views it as that....

I have not been able to stop myself whistling and humming Argyle tunes since I got back from the game at Fratton! It has become my equivalent of breathing. I am starting to send myself a bit insane now!

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
My two young granddaughters sang 'We're the famous Plymouth Argyle and we're off to Wemberley - Wemberley, Wemberley' this morning - brightened my day up.

Oct 12, 2015
...it's a become a bit like Tourettes...I almost blurted out 'Green army' ! on the tube to work this morning.
Come Monday, I can and no one will think I'm weird......

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
HertsPilgrim":2rxsy8ih said:
...it's a become a bit like Tourettes...I almost blurted out 'Green army' ! on the tube to work this morning.
Come Monday, I can and no one will think I'm weird......

Brilliant, I like that

C

CornishGreenWhite

Agree, we could make the difference like we did towards the end of that Pompey game.

Louder and more boisterous that ever. Lets push on to League 1. Up the mighty greens!

Nov 10, 2006
I've been endeavouring to introduce my (Leicester reared) daughter into the joys of Argyle football chants, including:

"wemberley, wemberley...."
"GREEN ARMY"
"Arr-gy-ulll, Arr-gy-ull..."
"One Derek Adams..."

and have been explaining how it's not enough to know the words and sing along - they can only be sung in broadest Janner.

It's taking a bit of time to break the Leicestah accent, but I believe I'm making progress.

It may result in divorce though - so if anyone has a spare garage anywhere near Leicestershire, I may be calling upon your charity shortly....

GREEN ARMY!

Dec 3, 2005
Can we have the words to the songs placed on here then - mostly unable to hear the actual words in the Grandstand (no not deaf) just here the tune/noise :)