Wembley, are laptops allowed in? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wembley, are laptops allowed in?

Apr 8, 2016
Hey all thought this would be the best place to ask.

I dialled the Wembley line to ask if I could bring my laptop in, thy said I could but online it states that you can't? So does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge on this for sure?

Additionally if they are not... are there any storage facilities for laptops close to the stadium or London Paddington?

Thanks for anyhelp, I can't leave my laptop behind in Plymouth as I am getting the morning train to London and need to submit some work before the deadline after the match.

Aug 5, 2005
MustardEagle":gfh667ap said:

I dialled the Wembley line to ask if I could bring my laptop in, thy said I could but online it states that you can't? So does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge on this for sure?

Additionally if they are not... are there any storage facilities for laptops close to the stadium or London Paddington?

Thanks for anyhelp, I can't leave my laptop behind in Plymouth as I am getting the morning train to London and need to submit some work before the deadline after the match.

Surely if you try to take it in and it turns out you can't, they will just keep it somewhere for you until after the match?

Sep 13, 2003
Police officers aren't even allowed to take their personal mobile phones into Wembley. The stewards wouldn't even take your laptop and keep it for you...that would be a terrorist's dream. You would just be told to do one and not let in.

Sep 13, 2003
My old housemate got turned away from Wembley for riding his bike to Wembley and they wouldn't let him bring his m/c helmet in.
The Wembley Stadium site has do's and don't of what you can bring in.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
MustardEagle":13orz2rg said:

just been checking the official site for you and laptops are not mentioned under prohibited items but take it as you will. I did however come across this in reference to your storage question "Due to safety issues, we do not have a luggage storage facility. Please consider contacting local hotels in the area to see if they will check your items for you" hope it helps.

Apr 8, 2016
Cheers guys, think I might just play it safe and leave it at Paddington then if I can't find somewhere closer to the stadium

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
pilgrimmike1":1t3tsv4i said:
MustardEagle":1t3tsv4i said:

just been checking the official site for you and laptops are not mentioned under prohibited items but take it as you will. I did however come across this in reference to your storage question "Due to safety issues, we do not have a luggage storage facility. Please consider contacting local hotels in the area to see if they will check your items for you" hope it helps.
Laptops are listed as prohibited in the list of items which you cannot take into the stadium. I wonder if that includes tablets?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Laptops are OK on planes but not in Wembley?????

Strange world!

L

lambanog

IJN":284kh6gy said:

Strange world!

No not at all a strange world, a secure world. There has been one airliner bought down by a laptop bomb, possibly two if the Egypt Air proves to be the same as suggested. Terrorists are finding more and more ways to infiltrate security. Personally I can understand the ban at Wembley. Whenever you fly, all laptops, iPads etc have to be removed from your hand carry and go through security X rays . Can you imagine the chaos if this had to be done at the gates of Wembley.

Sep 13, 2003
IJN":c6jwaccm said:

Strange world!

Not strange at all. Airports have very expensive and sophisticated equipment to scan electronic equipment plus the staff trained to use it. Wembley does not. Whenever Wembley staff find anything remotely suspicious, they call the Met to come out and deal with it. Simples really.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's told me then.

Mind you, it could be awkward taking our shoes off. :twisted:

Joking apart, you have a good point.

L

lambanog

Things could be very difficult at Euro 2016. Is a nightmare going to unfold ?