Just a game to be won | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a game to be won

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I've been watching the build up to this game reaching fever pitch and suffice to say I am now, having just finished work, starting to feel excited. But my excitement itself is somewhat tempered. In my opinion, the spectacle and the glamour of a Wembley appearance come a distant second to achieving the goal of promotion and frankly Monday's game could be taking place at Gresty Road as far as I'm concerned, as long as THE goal of promotion is achieved.
It's right that people are excited about Argyle playing on the biggest stage of English football. But the triumphalism of how many numbers we are taking will be long forgotten if Argyle lose. I sincerely hope that Derek Adams is telling every one of those players that the only way to enjoy Wembley is to win.

Mar 14, 2009
The players know this. DA certainly knows this.

The problem you can't brush under the carpet is there is an equally determined team, in Wimbledon.

Wembley has happened twice in my lifetime. You can't just brush off a trip to the home of football that easily. The game is 50:50. In other words, if the small margins go against us we could lose.

Personally, going to enjoy the day out. How many other times will l get a chance to enjoy the Wembley magic with my team. Perhaps never.

I Will be absolutely gutted should we lose. Totally heartbroken. Yet l will do what l do most seasons and dust myself down and get behind my club again for the new season.

Should it go pear shaped l do wonder just how forgiving people will be. Just like l didn't ram it down certain people's throats when they were made to eat their own words once they beat Portsmouth , l am wondering if we lose, will they show the same grace?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Things are a lot more pear shaped in the Conference :coat:

I would be gutted too but already bought next year's ST, will buy next year's shirt and than wait for August to roll around. Divisions? Schmisions!! !! :scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
Pogleswoody":li2uujki said:
Things are a lot more pear shaped in the Conference :coat:

I would be gutted too but already bought next year's ST, will buy next year's shirt and than wait for August to roll around. Divisions? Schmisions!! !! :scarf:

Brought my ST too. New shirt l will get, but undecided as l really like both.

Promotion is the icing on the cake that would make this season not just good, but amazing.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
this game is Vital,to name another website.......its a big, big game no doubt about that,no doubt at all. Promotion will lift the club,ten fold,a hundred fold...there will be a terrific swell of support,everything in the garden will be coming up roses,the club will be on a big high for months and months and months....lose and it will be yet another season in this dog poo division which doesn't bear thinking about.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would guess 10,000 see it as a nice day out and a chance to visit Wembley, win, lose or draw. For the rest of us it's absolutely critical that we win, the game probably won't be enjoyable, we won't sleep on Sunday night and we'll be nervous as hell until about 5pm on Monday.

Even in the good times it's not easy being Green.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Or nervous as hell till 6pm.

Really hoping we don't need more than 90 minutes to get this done.

A performance like the second leg with Portsmouth would be nice with chances clinically finished though.