Wembley - once in a lifetime | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wembley - once in a lifetime

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
I didn't want to hijack MGM's thread. But wanted to shout proudly from the roof tops about the first argyle side to play on the hallowed turf of Wembley on 28 May 1995.
I was lucky enough to pull on the the green shirt (it was actually the yellow away shirt) of the team I have supported my whole life and play on the pitch at Wembley representing Plymouth argyle against Huddersfield town. The game took place before the "division 2 play off final" between Bristol rovers and Huddersfield town, as the final of the endsleigh supporters challenge.
Sadly we lost the final 3-1. However we got to climb the steps at Wembley to collect our runners up medals in front of over 30000 people and shake the hand of Dan McCauley (chairman at the time).
This event alone is one of the best moments of my 40 years of life (I was 19 at the time) and something I will never forget. I am only in contact with one member of that team as he is my uncle. But the other people that played in that team are as follows......(if I knew how to attach a photo to this I would???). We were even featured on spotlight :)
D.parsons, a.tucker, r.freer, p.shillaber, m.thomas (me), s.riggs, I.richards, t.varcoe, m.baker, g.prosser.
I hope one of the many pasoti readers is one of the people above, and can maybe share your memories of that amazing day.
Anyway thought I would share that with you all because I am still very proud of it, and definately a once in a lifetime experience. COYG!!!!
How do you attach pictures?