EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea

Will you be attending EPL Trophy games next season?

• I will attend as normal

Votes: 49 20.5%
  • I will boycott all EFL Trophy games

Votes: 122 51.0%
  • I will boycott games vs PL U21 sides

Votes: 35 14.6%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters
May 8, 2011
Two major changes.
16 teams from category 1 Academies will be invited to join the competition making 64 teams.
Instead of starting with a knockout round there will be 16 regional groups of 4 teams with 1 Academy team in each group. If the groups are truly local it doesn't give us much choice of opposition! I assume the nearest Cat 1 academy would be Southampton.

Link to petition added below - Admin

Abandon the 2016/17 EFL Trophy Proposals

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
16 under-21/academy teams from the Premier League. The B team format by stealth. :thumbdown:

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
No B teams in any of our competitions under any circumstances. The entire competition should be boycotted, even if we got to the final I wouldn't go, it's no longer a competition worth winning.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Gutted, I always enjoyed this competition and was disappointed that it was often degraded by fans. But to be degraded by the football league is a true disgrace. I will ignore everything to do with it.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fans showed strong feelings against this when it was previously suggested, but they have gone ahead anyway. If fan consensus remains negative towards the move then the fans trust should be looking to get together with other fans trusts to organise a protest against the move.

May 8, 2011
Looks like as there currently isn't a sponsor for the Trophy this year the FL were offered some money by the PL to adopt this format.
I understand not all teams were happy and voted against it, I hope Argyle were one of them.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The full story:

The Guardian

I'd fully support a boycott.

Nov 18, 2011
Horrendous idea.

I just don't understand what's in it for the Under 21's teams, surely getting kicked around by League 2 reserves won't really enhance their learning much?

Jun 18, 2015
Another reason why people prefer the football league compared to the farce that is the premier league. It wouldnt suprise me if Dyke bullied people in the football league for this to go ahead even though most clubs probably voted against this. Everything has to revolve around the premier league and thats sad for the football league its a shame how the premier leagues bully tactics continue year after year but is anyone surprised with Dyke at the helm.

C

Cobi Budge.

Easy solution.

All League 1 and 2 fans should simply boycott any games involving 'B teams'.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Cobi Budge.":36ilevsm said:
Easy solution.

All League 1 and 2 fans should simply boycott any games involving 'B teams'.

Better to boycott the entire competition, make the point that any competition with B teams involved has no value.