Chant and song Ideas | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chant and song Ideas

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
With reference to another thread where fans are asking if we could copy the Icelandic chant. And where others are making positive or negative comments on the idea.

I thought, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a fixed thread for chant and song ideas, so those who like to sing can hopefully get some inspiration.

My first idea is based on "Drake's Drum" whereupon as he closed for battle a steady and slow Boom.....Boom.....Boom would turn the Spanish resolve to dust.

This could be combined with Boom GREENS Boom GREENS Boom GREENS giving us a uniquely West country version of the Icelandic Viking chant.

Maybe we could clap with the drum to give it a really intimidating feel?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Richard Allan":yv36feaf said:
Ask Buckland Abbey if we can borrow the drum every Saturday

Many years ago I was invited to dinner in the Dockyard in the main dining room with the model ships hanging from the ceiling. That's where we saw the drum in a glass cabinet (Maybe a copy?) we were also told the story of how he used the slow pounding beat to break the enemies resolve before attacking.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You old git, remember what we used to get up to?

Let them go Victor.

You could always bring Gnorman.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Yep lets all sit in total silence Frank and boll8cks to any atmosphere, that's the way. NOT. Let the youngun's make as much noise as they like it's part and parcel of football innit. No doubt even you sang the odd chant once in a while when younger Frank.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
One day we will get the 'To Be A Pilgrim' song sung at Home Park. It is about the only song that could be unique to us. (apart from Boston)

tonsk

Nov 4, 2012
Yann Songo'o always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible always believe in Yann Songo'o.

Your defence is terrified Goodwillie's on fire

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PAFC94":2f7w0qmi said:
Yann Songo'o always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible always believe in Yann Songo'o.

Your defence is terrified Goodwillie's on fire
The Yanner Song?