West Brom match thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

West Brom match thread

Jan 17, 2016
just looked to buy tickets for the west brom match and was surprised to see that the Devonport end round to block 9 are all unavailable. Does anyone know if they are sold out or is there development work being carried out.?

Apr 6, 2009
They told us they are only selling grandstand and lyndhurst unless they need to open rest

May 8, 2011
Not open as the Club are not expecting a large attendance, saves a bit of money in staffing costs.

Jan 17, 2016
thanks for the info, I thought it was surprising that the stadium was virtually sold out, despite the low prices.

M

Minigreen

Anyone know if there is going to be hospitality available for this game? Can't see anything on the OS about it.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Minigreen":2h9u6n5b said:
Anyone know if there is going to be hospitality available for this game? Can't see anything on the OS about it.
I emailed the club about that a few days ago and the answer was no.

A friend of mine who is a big baggies fan is bringing down a minibus full and asked me to recommend a good curry house in Plymuff, Not too formal but good quality grub. I believe the Cafe Indya used to be good but don't know about now. Any suggestions ??

Mar 22, 2008
Plymouth
Andrew_Holcombe":17kv0ie5 said:
A friend of mine who is a big baggies fan is bringing down a minibus full and asked me to recommend a good curry house in Plymouth, Not too formal but good quality grub. I believe the Cafe Indya used to be good but don't know about now. Any suggestions ??

Nibana in Crownhill village is excellent.
They have their own website with menus listed etc.
Good reviews and there is also the Tamar pub next door too.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Café Indya is owned by an Argyle fan, it would be good to keep it in house I would say.

M

Minigreen

Trev501":y0359jxt said:
Minigreen":y0359jxt said:
I emailed the club about that a few days ago and the answer was no.
Ok, thanks. That's a shame.

Mar 14, 2009
Got my tickets the other day. Very much looking forward to see a difference in Argyle between how they appeared against Torquay to how they seem against WBA.

Against Torquay it was some players first 90mins. A lot of squad rotation has been happening beforehand so I am hoping to see a sharper Argyle.

Couple of things to look out for.....

1. I thought some of the defending against set pieces was a bit ropey. Would be good, against a very good set piece team, to see an improvement in this area.

2. An improvement in our own set pieces. When we finally did put in a quality cross we scored. Some of the set pieces from Carey were a little poor I thought.

3. The final pass or cross. Very much moves started well and broke down. Mainly because people aren't on others wavelength yet. An example of this was when Carey was on the edge of Torquay's box first half and decided to pass to GoodWillie, instead of shoot, and the move broke down.

4. Spencer. The guy looks class. His hold up play and the way he links up with others makes me excited at the partnerships he could build up. The only thing this guy make lack is a clinical finish. I would urge many people to watch his close control. For the first time since Trigger mark II we could have a really good target man who links up the play.

5. The width. Sawyer and Miller are sound defensively but you have to ask yourself are they really wing backs. If Argyle don't play a 3ATB/5ATB formation then who is going to provide this. Can Carey be converted to a left midfielder (he certainly did the role a few times when DA took Wylde off) and Donaldson be a right midfielder. Could it be we are looking for new players to fill those positions but the flexibility could already be in our squad.

6. Osbourne. Will he be ready and 100% fit by the time his match is on. I would suggest he would have to be if he wants to start against Luton Town. I have a "hunch" and that is all it is that he will be the captain of the team.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
LG":1jx2lvlq said:
Seems strange to have so many blocks closed for a Prestige friendly?
Perhaps the Baggies aren't really Prestige enough for the Janner nation?
Most Home Park friendlies in recent times have been only the Grandstand and Lyndhurst unless there's enough interest to open up more of the ground.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Argy1e":6t67tlnx said:
LG":6t67tlnx said:
Seems strange to have so many blocks closed for a Prestige friendly?
Perhaps the Baggies aren't really Prestige enough for the Janner nation?
Most Home Park friendlies in recent times have been only the Grandstand and Lyndhurst unless there's enough interest to open up more of the ground.
Hence why it's not really a prestige friendly.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Chemdoc":3ipprvnf said:
thanks for the info, I thought it was surprising that the stadium was virtually sold out, despite the low prices.

It's Argyle for goodness sake! It wouldn't "sell out" even if you gave away all the tickets!