Does DA know what he's doing? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Oct 5, 2013
12 new signings as of today, 18 July. Does DA know what he's doing? Most importantly, will we go up this season?

I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that I don't think he does know what he's doing, when it really comes down to it.
Therefore, I don't think we will go up. But I would love to have a different opinion, and I would love to be proved wrong in 10 months' time!
I think I'm as 'patriotic' to the cause as anyone else on here. However, I am not 'blindly' faithful!

This is how I personally see things - based on last season and this close season.
How about any of you, how do you see things?

Mar 14, 2009
philevs":1amd4tp4 said:
12 new signings as of today, 18 July. Does DA know what he's doing? Most importantly, will we go up this season?

I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that I don't think he does know what he's doing, when it really comes down to it.
Therefore, I don't think we will go up. But I would love to have a different opinion, and I would love to be proved wrong in 10 months' time!
I think I'm as 'patriotic' to the cause as anyone else on here. However, I am not 'blindly' faithful!

This is how I personally see things - based on last season and this close season.

Out of curiosity what is it exactly that makes you think, at this very early stage of pre-season, that he doesn't know what he is doing?

If he has a bad season, as you suggest, then he wont be here next season as he contract runs out.

What is it, that he would of had to do to make you think he knows what he is doing?

Mar 18, 2014
DA is just so clueless.......why he doesn't just ask Pasoti posters to take over the manager's role at Argyle is beyond me.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Of course he knows what he's doing ffs, one of our signings has been training with the club for months. He's gone out and got the players he wanted relatively fast considering our season ended late. If they turn out good enough or not as a team, we'll just have to find out.

philevs":jsrkawzj said:
Most importantly, will we go up this season?

Let me just get my crystal ball for that one... :think:

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
I think he is very doggedly pursuing exactly what he wants which implies he knows exactly what he is doing. Whether or not it is successful is anybodies guess. It will be time to judge after around 10 games into the season to see where we are but right now in preseason with so many new signings and more to come, it's way, way too early to be casting such judgements imo. We are all entitled to say how we see it though.

B

Bonehead

The original post has got to be one of the most clueless and pathetic posts on Pasoti ever, bonehead of the year awarded.

Mar 14, 2009
Vampires11":tepx10ak said:
DA is just so clueless.......why he doesn't just ask Pasoti posters to take over the manager's role at Argyle is beyond me.

There is no patience. Its the "I want it now society" and people are not wanting to wait to build things up slowly.

Its not DA's fault we have been in league two for the number of years we were because we were poorly run. Its not his fault the managers before him weren't good enough to take us out of league two with solid a budget.

All you can say is that after the fantastic start to last season we blew up short for a number of reasons. He made mistakes but then the players people are heralding as decent players, and saying how we will miss them this season, were not good enough themselves to take us out of league two.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Vampires11":2vyg4l4g said:
Could you imagine? Posting every decision with a reason attached? I would rather join a coup attempt in Turkey..... It'll be safer! :whistle:

C

Cobi Budge.

Most football fans tend to be excited & optimistic in the weeks leading up to a new season, not Argyle fans through, misery & despair all round.

Bring on the season, 100% behind Adams as I always have been.

Oct 5, 2013
plymouth1970":3bqkct2z said:
The original post has got to be one of the most clueless and pathetic posts on Pasoti ever, bonehead of the year awarded.

Award accepted - for the moment! What we will be saying next May is what interests me most, though.
I'm just a supporter like you are...

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
philevs":1h1y8ozy said:
plymouth1970":1h1y8ozy said:

Award accepted - for the moment! What we will be saying next May is what interests me most, though.

Saved to the archives for next May.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
philevs":2fk54tl7 said:

The Jokes forum closed about 6 months ago.

Oct 5, 2013
Andy_S":25hbmqt2 said:
philevs":25hbmqt2 said:
plymouth1970":25hbmqt2 said:

Saved to the archives for next May.

How about you? Like I said in the OP: "How about any of you, how do you see things?"
No-one has given their own view of things, as of yet! Plenty of insults - but no other personal views given! (Pettgreen excepted).