How do they look | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How do they look

Aug 10, 2014
For anyone really who has seen all or some or one of the pre season games so far. I was just wondering how the team looks compared to last year.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
IMHO I think they look disjointed and have an appearance of too many players playing for themselves. I'm sure this is only temporary and the sum of the parts will eventually come together into a good team.

Sep 8, 2013
Unconvincing at present, but possible potential as they gel/are moulded into a team. Still getting used to one another imo, so some hesitation, indecision, confusion. Hopefully it will come together quickly.

Jul 29, 2010
If everyone is on a one year contract this is how most pre seasons will look...strangers getting to know each other.

Apr 6, 2009
theres definite problems with all the players often being on different wavelengths so runs aren't seen etc but having been to most pre seasons i feel they have definitely started to gel together better already (with the exception of weymouth) which given the formation/team changes so much in the different friendlies i guess as part of DAs plan i was impressed with.

I would assume from now on there will be a starting 11 so things will continue to improve (I hope)
Lets see in October!

May 8, 2011
I've seen all the friendlies so far, but because there hasn't been a regular starting eleven it is difficult to say what the first team is playing as we don't know what it will be. We now have enough players for two teams so each match has been a bit mix and match.
The only judgement I can make is that a number of the new players have given me cause for optimism, in particular the 3 strikers of Spencer, Goodwillie and Slew look like 'proper' strikers and the 3 centre halfs of Songo'o, Bradley and Bulvitus won't be taking many prisoners. A couple of the new players have yet to convince me yet, Smith, Donaldson and Miller.