EFL TROPHY? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

EFL TROPHY?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
So what's everyone doing?

Are we boycotting the U21 academy games only or are we boycotting the entire tournament? I ask because my first game of the season will be either Newport in the EFL T or Cheltenham the following Saturday and I don't want to turn up on my own to the Newport game.

P

Positively Green

You won't be on your own - we have 4 tickets in Lyndhurst.

:scarf:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The most effective way to get the message across would probably be to boycott the Swansea U23 game and attend the normal fixtures in big numbers.

I don't think enough people would boycott though so I don't think it would achieve anything.

Anyone thinking of boycotting all of the games should consider the games against U23 sides are likely to attract interest from elsewhere, so if you boycott every game the U23 games will probably be the best attended and the organisers would probably class that as a success, which is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve.

Oct 31, 2015
I dont see the point of boycotting. The club have costs to meet and boycotting will mean they lose money

Thatll be the checkacrap trophy now and for that reason i will not
be attending any games. Respect for those who do though. Its their
choice.
Premier, including now their B teams, not my scene anymore. Gone too
far. Only way to prevent further infiltration is a complete boycott imho.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Darn it. I was going to drive down from Preston for the Swansea game but because all you lot are boycotting it I feel compelled to miss it as well.
It's so not fair.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If you tolerate this the B team league will be next.

Stay away, boycott it and make a stand against the people ruining lower league football.

B

Baby Face Johnson

I live in Swansea and rarely get the chance to see Argyle these days, so am I excused for going. I'll probably be the only one there :lol:

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
PL2 3DQ":2bjbxutz said:
If you tolerate this the B team league will be next.

Stay away, boycott it and make a stand against the people ruining lower league football.

This, absolutely. The League, the Prem and Sky make their assaults on the game on the basis that fans are too apathetic to care or to notice. Unless there is a huge boycott, and loud visible protest, there will be more and more of these 'experiments'.

If you're worried about damaging the club's finances, spend the ticket price in the club shop.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
A total boycott. No activity to the Argyle tweets, no listeners on Argyle Player, no fans in the stand. The football league suits need to see what football without fans is like, and then, maybe, they will possibly take notice and change the game for the better of fans rather than the better of big business clubs.

May 22, 2006
Argyle voted in favour of something that
a) the fans don't want
b) is an obvious attempt to acclimatise us to the invasion of second teams.

As I've said before, football clubs are like errant brats. You want to be supportive and nurturing but sometimes tough love is the only way. Argyle needs a clip around the ear.

Unfortunately I fear too many people will have nothing better to do, or simply won't have the will power to stay away.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I will not be attending any EFL Trophy fixtures this season, regardless of who or where we play.

I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea of B Teams featuring and am disappointing that we, as a club, voted for the changes.