The immutable law of the ex (Mellor & Matt) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The immutable law of the ex (Mellor & Matt)

This phrase was coined by the late Brian Glanville, imo the best football journalist ever, and describes his opinion that ex players on their first return against their old side tend to produce an outstanding performance for all the obvious psychological reasons.

Saturday's game with Mellor on the other side will be interesting. I'm pleased he went for all the reasons previously discussed on here, but I have to admit his 'bambi on ice' incursions into the other side's half created an occasional panic, though I'm sure Sawyer will cope. What do you think?

G

Greenskin

Hopefully he won't make such an impact as an "ex" player did on Argyle's last visit to Blackpool.

:thumbs: :lol:

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
I liked mellor and thought the stick he got was OTT, I was crying out for him against west brom and Luton, but fully understand his limitations. Hard working chap who got people off their seats (for various reasons). Hope he gets respect but has a non eventful game

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I worry about him going forward against Sawyer. However, we need to make sure we take full advantage of the defensive cock up he'll inevitably make at some point ...!

Jul 29, 2010
landons forehead":u6gbd9st said:
Bambi on ice. Stick Tanner at LM and Mellor will spend the game doing what he does best- falling over the ball and giving it away.
...and no-one will know that better than DA.

Jul 29, 2010
....knowing his weaknesses.

If you think we don't sign/re-sign players with weaknesses then step forward and receive the gold medal for naivety BG.

Apr 5, 2008
Ex argyle players always seem to score against us when we play them ,so expect Mellot to score :(

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Green83":2i9eimd4 said:
IJN":2i9eimd4 said:
I'd have Kelvin back in a heartbeat.