Mellor Respect On Saturday? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mellor Respect On Saturday?

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I think we all believe the travelling Green Army are up there with the best away fans in the land, and part of that is being able to recognise one of "Our Own". :scarf:

Personally I cannot be at the game on Saturday as I live in Sydney, but from games I have seen when in the UK and on TV, I really hope Mellor gets a big ovation and thank you from the Green Army. For me he always gave 100% to the cause and I actually think he is a much better players than some give him credit for.

Jul 29, 2010
I hope he is given supreme indifference.

Booing a former player, any player really, is always counter productive but an ovation for such a largely awful player for us would send the wrong message. I reserve my applause for legends and/or 100%'ers, Kelvin Mellor was neither of those for me.

As for "one of our own", that's just laughable.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I don't know the stats, but I'm told Kelvin played a part in more goals for us than he did in the opposition scoring against us. Yes, he had a few shockers, but so did everyone. Mellor played a massive part in two or our best seasons in a long time and so I think that's a very harsh comment to make, although having said that, I also wasn't planning to give a reaction of any kind in his direction.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Laughable?

Have to disagree with that completely X Isle, but respect your point of view. Mellor was a key part of 2 x playoff sides & he put in the effort. He is (talent wise) a 3rd or 4th tier player, so we can expect errors to happen.

I have been following Argyle for 35 years and if a player puts it in, plays with pride , he is an Argyle player for life in my book. I would personally welcome him and treat him with the same dignity and respect of all ex former players who applied themselves to the best of their ability. For me that's what makes Argyle and The Green Army a cut above.

I would like to think our strength as a club and fanbase is in demonstrating core values like this.

Jul 3, 2013
He was a frustrating player at times but I would have him back no doubt about it. Hopefully he will be given a bit of appreciation before the game starts and at the end but I really do hope he plays a stinker inbetween.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Stiffler":evjf47lq said:
He was a frustrating player at times but I would have him back no doubt about it. Hopefully he will be given a bit of appreciation before the game starts and at the end but I really do hope he plays a stinker inbetween.
An Own goal and a penalty for us would secure his 'one of our own' status :thumbs:

S

Staniforths perm

Applaud him before game as cannot doubt his effort and he did contribute to most successful team in recent few years. Once game starts though, as Man Utd fans did with Beckham when he returned with Milan, boo him. End of game applaud him off - hopefully after he has made his customary howler to gift us a goal!
He was never my favourite but would take him back over Miller - hope Threlkeld is right back again tomorrow

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Staniforths perm":3bdvk998 said:
Once game starts though, as Man Utd fans did with Beckham when he returned with Milan, boo him.

Why would you ever boo him?

1) It's disrespectful to a decent bloke, and 2) booing always gives any player a lift and extra incentive.

May 8, 2011
Hartlepool away last season sums up Mellor, stupid mistake leading to Hartlepool scoring, then popping up to score the winner.

S

Staniforths perm

Boo him to put him off not to disrespect him - as I say he did his bit for Argyle just was prone to some horrendous moments.
What are odds on him scoring in either net on Saturday ?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Staniforths perm":39a9mobd said:
Boo him to put him off not to disrespect him

Monosyllabic booing very rarely puts players off, just gives them extra incentive.

Mess with his head a little in a light-hearted way. 'Put one in the net for us Kelvin', 'You owe us one after Wembley', 'Blackpool's a s**thole, come back to Plymouth' etc etc. Far more likely to work positively than a moronic boo.

Apr 12, 2016
Politely respect his past efforts but no abuse. Too many people ready to dish out abuse at the drop of a hat these days.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I liked what he did for us, if I was going, which unfortunately I am now not, I would have warmly applauded when his name was read out.

A Pilgrim which I more often than not enjoyed watching.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":3i2ad2zz said:
I liked what he did for us, if I was going, which unfortunately I am now not, I would have warmly applauded when his name was read out.

A Pilgrim which I more often than not enjoyed watching.
I did too Ian.
He was also a frustrating player to watch, because sometimes the howlers he made bit us on the bum big time, but you knew the good player was in there too.

Mar 18, 2006
I would neither clap or boo him , he wasn't the best player in our history , certainly not a legend , but nor was he the worst.
I do, however hope he has a ' Mellor ' tomorrow against us !