A Statement

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The following is a statement from a fan of the Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

James, My interest in Argyle is seeing the football team play on a Saturday afternoon, having a few beers with friends and just having an enjoyable afternoon watching a game of football and having a shout, swear and general release of tension that the working week has bought.

I trust you to look after the club with your best intentions, I don't care if you make money from your investment (I hope you do as that will clearly be better for pafc than losing money), but I'm honestly not interested in every nook and cranny of what is going on behind the scenes. I just want to be able to see Plymouth Argyle play on a Saturday afternoon. I'd love us to be in the premier league, but actually some of the best times I've had were in the dark days of administration with fans that didn't care what the score was but just wanted to be there with likeminded people supporting their team.

Until the day that you actually give me a reason to fear that you are affecting my ability to watch my local team play football (good or bad) you have my backing 100%. Keep up the good work you and the board are doing.

P.s I like the q and a's you do with fans, forget the 'fans bodies', talk to us directly and you will win more friends.

Daz :thumbup:
Plymouth Argle supporter 1985-20....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I'm with you, Daz. Read every word of the 'Not Again' thread but just want my club to make progress. We really do need to accept that JB and the Board are acting in the club's best interests.

AFT member, not asked for an opinion.

Jan 3, 2013
Hear hear, too many little men with biiiiig egos kicking the club and seemingly happy to do so!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS and blow the doom monsters who I reckon want the club to fail

Apr 1, 2009
davie nine":28ertejm said:
We really do need to accept that JB and the Board are acting in the club's best interests.

5 years ago, when we emerged from admin, everyone was saying that we must, in order to protect the club, never again allow an owner to operate unquestioned. So many people said this. Now we are actually instructed (not asked) to believe in James.

I am staggered that we are being instructed to accept what you ask, without questioning, without explanation. I have said on another thread that, much as many of us don't like it, JB doesn't have to explain himself should he take that path. Fair enough, but orders to trust him and his colleagues regardless is wholly unreasonable.

I am not anti JB per se. Removed by Site Admin

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I would have more faith in James Brent to act in the best interests of Argyle, than the likes of Cellino, Tam, Oyston etc. At no time since he took over,have I felt there would be no Argyle to support on a Saturday afternoon, for which I for one am grateful.Be careful what you wish for.

C

Cult Of Personality

And the Pro Brigade bite back.... Where is the Micheal Jackson Popcorn gif when i need it

This seems to be all about trust. I trust the current owner and board.
As we are business and not trust run we need to show faith in the owners a tad more. Otherwise we
will never get anywhere.
JB and co have run the club ok in my view. Have they really been a bit toddish in there behaviour
recently leading up for all of this?
Unless the supporters of the other statement can show how PAFC will benefit going forward with
HP remaining in public ownership then i cannot support them. Ground development? Council aint gonna
pay for it. That mystical billionaire we all dream of? In a parallel universe on star trek maybe.
Mind you it would also be good for pafc to tell us why owning HP again would benefit us, if they chose to
do so, considering our recent history.
Would still have to trust what they say mind. Maybe still too hard for some.

Jan 27, 2012
Even if you believe that James Brent doesn't have ulterior motives for wanting to purchase Home Park, how do we know that the subsequent owners of the club will have Argyle's best interests at heart ?

I agree with the original poster. Its better that the ground stays in public ownership.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Knarf Reprah":111u6xfb said:
Hear hear, too many little men with biiiiig egos kicking the club and seemingly happy to do so!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS and blow the doom monsters who I reckon want the club to fail

I have never met any of the signatories in the 'Never Again' thread.
Just by following numerous threads on Pasoti, I have always had a lot of respect for Graham Clark's contributions and that will not change. I do talk to a lot of friends and acquaintances about our club and there are more positive than negative opinions about the way the club has been run since 'administration'.
However, there is one name on that list that is often 'name-dropped' when there is 'bad' gossip mentioned about Argyle. Those who pass on these rumours never seem to be able to substantiate them.
I would surmise that Frank hears the same 'tittle-tattle' which, possibly, emanates from the same source.

gaspargomez":8h3243fb said:
Even if you believe that James Brent doesn't have ulterior motives for wanting to purchase Home Park, how do we know that the subsequent owners of the club will have Argyle's best interests at heart ?

I agree with the original poster. Its better that the ground stays in public ownership.
Trust a bit or stagnate forever.
Ive always been a trusting soul.
It has costed me in the purse to be that way at times but its still been worth it overall.
Who knows about subsequent owners. I trust brent and co to pick the right one to start the
chain off. There was a long chain of good owners before todd and gardner ballsed it up.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Cult Of Personality":32kf6p0t said:
And the Pro Brigade bite back.... Where is the Micheal Jackson Popcorn gif when i need it

Are they not permitted to do so?

Or is it all just one way traffic?